logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Francois  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:41:36 PM(UTC)
Francois

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Martin. Thx for a great product with such amazing features. Just a thought on the different license options. 768 x 576 is not really an industry standard anymore due to widescreen lcd/led TV's being the norm. Even on YouTube, the new stuff is all 16:9. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the SD license as a 1024 x 576? The current resolution makes it not really worth buying. I have the Basic HD license and for what I do, the next jump up to HD is overkill at this stage, so the SD license would be my best option, but 4:3 is going backwards.
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:14:33 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
vMix HD is the recommended version and at a very reasonable price compared with other options out there.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Francois  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:25:11 AM(UTC)
Francois

One day when I have some bucks for a new computer that will do the VMix HD option justice, I won't hesitate to buy the vMix HD license for a moment. You are right, it is a very good price considering what it can do. The SD license seemed a good option for now with my current setup, but all my other videos have been recorded in 1024 x 576 as my computer can handle the chromakey and combined powerpoint presentation without a problem. At 1280 x 720 my sound and video go out of sync when I have too much going on. It is totally my laptop's limitation especially on the graphics card side. In the meantime I am in delighted to be using vMix and grateful to you for developing such an amazing product. Blessings to you and your team.
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:23:48 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Francois
Have you tried adjusting your output settings to 720x405 for SD widescreen 16:9?
This might give you adequate results.

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
peterphelan on 10/21/2013(UTC)
peterphelan  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 9:48:18 AM(UTC)
peterphelan

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks IceStream,

I have been experimenting with just 360p as my output in SD so far, but this slightly larger size seems to work ok and will be better for my recordings. My test setup, in case it's of help is:

1) Panasonic GS400 DV camera running in Pro Cine (frame mode) wide format

2) vMix main settings: Display - output and preview 720 x 405

3) vMix recorder settings: size 720 x 405 codec Cineform avi - 25p

4) on the actual input the resolution is set for the 720 x 576 of the camera, but the aspect ratio is set to wide format.

I have only just run a few simple tests, but his setup seems to work in Skype settings - although the preview is 4:3 of course. Have not tried this with a real session since 640 x 360 is better for my slow internet upload speed. Recordings play in Windows Media Player and import into my NLE correctly ok with a custom 720 x 405 format. Haven't tried actually streaming yet.

Hope this helps other SD users
Peter
Francois  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:21:25 AM(UTC)
Francois

Thanks for the suggestions IceStream. I changed one setting and viola! It works perfectly at 1280 x 720. The setting I changed is under Settings-Display-Preview. I had it set to 1280 x 720 and it caused my video to be very slow and therefore the sound and video went out of sync. Set it to Auto and it is working fine now. That is with a Chromakey background for my video capture as well as with a powerpoint presentation all runing at the same time and being combined on one screen. I am using a Dell 2.4 GHz Core-2-duo Studio Laptop and I can't believe that I am able to my video recordings with my presentation in one take with just minor editing for the intro and credits.