logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thecloudmediagroup  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 3:46:16 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
I am having a recording error when recording to MP4

When I record to mp4 and then try to preview the file in quicktime, i can only make it about 6 minutes or so into the video before the video stops playing, almost as if the video is corrupt.

When I import the file to Final Cut Pro X to edit, the video acts the same way, it plays only about 6 minutes of the 50 minute or so file. The file is only about 450mb so its not that large. However, when I import the file into Adobe Premiere, the video is able to be fully viewed. However, during playback of the raw video in Premiere, it does some messed up playback after about 1 second of the video playing. Once the video pauses, the correct frame is rendered but during playback something weird with keyframes or something happens. This has been consistent with files since recording for the last month or 2. We did have a brief period of time when we started recording MP4s in the beta version that this was not an issue. I am attaching a link to a video that has this problem.

This video stops at 6:00 of about 27:00

Another video for instance stops at 3:30 of 32:00

There does not seem to be a pattern. Please advise.

Download Video
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 1:59:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi,

What happens when you skip to sometime after 6 minutes in QuickTime player?
I've tried editing the file in Sony Vegas and also playing back in VLC, Media Player and Quicktime Player (windows)
and it looks ok when playing through the 6 minute mark and also skipping to other parts of the video.

Can you try out some other video playback programs on different computers to verify if you can see the issue elsewhere.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
thecloudmediagroup  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:45:55 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Interesting. I tried playing it on the computer it was recorded on and it played fine. It seems to be when I play it on my Mac Pro. Quicktime will not let it go past the 6 min mark and I can't edit it in Final Cut. I will try to play it back within VLC on my mac and see what happens.