logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
themann00  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2019 4:26:29 AM(UTC)
themann00

Groups: Registered
United States

Is there anyway to hide (and later un-hide if needed) the little pop-out to the right of the video feed on a virtual set? I do like using it to get the different layers setup and looking good- but once set for a show, I really don't spend any time there, but the extra space being used up makes my inputs end up on two (or sometimes three) rows. If I could opt to hide those options, that would be great.

If it's an easy fix, I sure haven't seen it.

vMix 21.0.0.61 x64 Windows 10 Home
themann00  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:34:11 AM(UTC)
themann00

United States

Any insight at all. Even, "nope- can't be done. ever" will help save me time trying to figure it out.
Joeboe  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 6:14:24 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Why would you want to hide them?....they are the windows that you would use to change the zoon and positioning of talen, and when set, you just click on the one you want and it will do a smooth zoo, or pan or both ...let say you had 2 persons, and you want to select one of them, you setup a window for that single shot, and just click on to when you want, eliminating the need for 2 or 3 cameras....
themann00  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 6:29:06 AM(UTC)
themann00

United States

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
Why would you want to hide them?...

Totally understand.
At this point- we don't use it for that. We use it to bring another input into a green-screen TV. I like that I can hit setup, and quickly adjust the background layer, and then go back to the camera function where the 4 positions are. But once set- I am not zooming or moving. And if I really had to, I'd unhide it for that particular broadcast, or whatever.

It's just that the realestate on my screen is so valuable- and I've got 4 or 5 virtual sets with useless config options hanging off the side....

Just hoped there was an easy way to hide it once I'm set.

Joeboe  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 10:38:06 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
But why would you that, when you can use the multi-view , and just change the background layer....to me that would be easier, and no need for the virtual set......just key out the green and set your background image, and change when you want...I believe the virtual set layout is for what I just described....why use up your desktop real estate with it, when there is an easier way...and if you are changing the backgrounds, you can create a virtual input, and have a few with different backgrounds, and just switch between them...so much quicker and easier....
themann00  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 10:00:24 PM(UTC)
themann00

United States

But why would you that, when you can use the multi-view , and just change the background layer....

I will check that out. This is a setup I have inherited... and a lot of what I'm doing, I am doing because "that's how it is and it works"

Now I'm trying to find better ways for everything. I will certainly be trying to key out just the normal camera view next! Thanks.
themann00  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 2:52:52 AM(UTC)
themann00

United States

But why would you that, when you can use the multi-view , and just change the background layer....

Alright. I'm missing something here (and probably why the last guy set it up the way he did)

When I go into multi-view on a camera input- all I can do is add layers ON TOP of my existing camera. There doesn't seem to be a way to select the camera input itself as a layer (because I'm already in it) and while the green is keyed out- I can't get anything to go into that layer.

So it appears that the virtual set was used, to specify a camera on layer 2, and a background on layer 1.

doggy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:21:59 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Use a transparent color input and create your multiview on that , that ay you can manipulate any added layer to your liking