logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
peterphelan  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 1:30:21 PM(UTC)
peterphelan

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
For me one of the most useful features would be a "use hardware mixer" option. So that all audio, from whatever source, including videos that reside on your computer system, could have an "audio device" option for them to use an external hardware mixer. This would then allow the complete program mix to be mixed, monitored, balanced, faded in and out as required etc. and fed into vMix via a single audio input module. And allow aux sends etc for setting up a Skype mix minus for example. The built in vMix mixer could then be used just to confirm that audio was or was not running on the selected inputs.

Maybe I am missing something here but so far, despite having a number of sound cards, a couple of mixers and tried every combination of them I can think of, have been unable to set up something like this.

Peter
Damn2Good4U  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 5:32:42 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
peterphelan wrote:
For me one of the most useful features would be a "use hardware mixer" option. So that all audio, from whatever source, including videos that reside on your computer system, could have an "audio device" option for them to use an external hardware mixer. This would then allow the complete program mix to be mixed, monitored, balanced, faded in and out as required etc. and fed into vMix via a single audio input module. And allow aux sends etc for setting up a Skype mix minus for example. The built in vMix mixer could then be used just to confirm that audio was or was not running on the selected inputs.

Maybe I am missing something here but so far, despite having a number of sound cards, a couple of mixers and tried every combination of them I can think of, have been unable to set up something like this.

Peter

+1 supported...
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:58:06 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Perhaps a web interface virtual mixer might best approximate this on a touch screen device. I mean I use an external hardware mixer for various mic inputs, but everything else is internal and it can sometimes be a pain to locate and fade up or down a particular input within vMix. An external control surface or touch screen device is the way to go. (I am looking forward to trying this out with the existing switcher web interface)