logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
revmns  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2019 3:23:51 AM(UTC)
revmns

Groups: Registered
United States

I am currently trying vmix as we are looking to move from OBS to something with more control and options. We are using a Camlink USB 3.0 and we have never had any problems with it on OBS. I saw a blog post on the vmix website that said that this capture device works with vmix. However, the camera input keeps freezing up after about 30-60 seconds. In order to get it going again, I right click and hit reset. Works for another 30-60 and freezes again.

PC specs:
Win 10
Ryzen 7 1700x
12gb ram
AMD RTX 570
(Had no problem with system resources with vmix running/streaming... just camera freeze)

Vmix output is only 720x480 so it should not be taxing. It is for a church that only runs one camera and only streams over facebook.

Help appreciated. Thanks.

Update: I noticed that when the video freezes, the source dropped numbers start climbing. I don't know why the source would be dropping
revmns  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2019 6:22:18 AM(UTC)
revmns

United States

I have been troubleshooting and I have discovered that it only happens when the camlink usb is plugged into the rear USB 3.0 ports. The front ports have no issue. The rear 3.0 ports work fine with OBS and the camlink capture software. The only problem is with vMix (22). I am going to possibly try an earlier version if possible. I dont know why vMix is the only software giving me trouble with keeping the camlink plugged into a rear 3.0 plug.

BTW, I turned off windows ability to turn off USB devices but that solved nothing.
SportsNetUSA.net  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:51:55 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Also remember vMix is optimized for NVIDIA GPUs. You are using an AMD RTX 570.
admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:59:00 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
vMix has no control over the USB ports and actually uses the same method to access the cam link as the other applications.

Only thing I can think of is vMix may be bringing in the input at a higher resolution than the other apps causing it to freeze,
or maybe if you have a large number of inputs open in vMix, or streaming and recording settings, the higher system resource usage is causing
it to disconnect.

So a good test would be to close all other applications, with vMix running only with the camlink as a single input and seeing what happens.
Then run the identical test using OBS shortly after, checking in the OBS settings to make sure the same resolution was used.

Regards,

Martin
vMix