logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gersonbecker  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 3:56:39 PM(UTC)
gersonbecker

Groups: Registered

Can I import clips to use in Instant Replay in a new project?
Barney Box Lane  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 5:23:45 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
no you would have to play them in like a camera input off a computer or the playback on your camera, so you can still do it
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:58:52 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ gersonbecker

If you have exported the clips, they can always be brought in as regular video clips into vMix.
If you have not started a new Instant Replay session. all the clips from the "current" loaded session should be available to you as Instant Replay events, as they are already there.
However, it is not possible to Import events from a previous session into a new session.

Ice
HatchBroadcast  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:37:51 PM(UTC)
HatchBroadcast

United Kingdom

Hello

Has there been any change to this?
We wish to bring pre-recorded clips into the event list. So for example, I have created a comp reel of all the best bits through the production. But I want to drag pre-edited video clips in to the event list, including break bumper, coming up, tease to break, last year's show, etc etc.

A really lengthy workaround is to set the video clip up as an input, make it a direct output, set that output up as one of the 4 x IR angles, and play it. Allow the IR to record it, and clip it up as an event. But that's an terribly lengthy workaround.

Failing that, is there a way to create a clip list of a set of video clips brought in as inputs. And get them to all play in sequence? Like you can in the DDR of a Newtek Tricaster? I can then export my IR events as a file and bring that in as a single video, and import that as one of the video inputs among my pre-recorded other video clips.

Thanks all for your help. This is a pretty crucial production requirement IMO.

Philip
Radiotvpat1982  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:54:41 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I would love to see the ability to add this option to VMIX replay. Philip, I also come from a Tricaster background and tend to think of VMIX replay as a 3 Play. The reason I think this would be an important feature to have, is for people using VMIX replay as a dedicated replay machine. When you are using this as a replay machine you dont want to start getting involved with messing around with all the normal VMIX switcher settings. Right now recording them would be an option but could be tedious.

In future upgrades it would be nice to see maybe a way to separate or maybe open VMIX in a standard way, or for VMIX replay only. I feel VMIX replay has some minor flaws but is unbeatable for the price if you can get past those.