logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
grantcoll  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 11:24:42 AM(UTC)
grantcoll

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with Windows 10 when setting up vMix onsite.

The situation is that I can set up everything on the test bench, but when I go out onsite at an event, plug things in, often Windows decides to configure ( or misconfigure ) the external displays. I find myself mucking around getting the displays right, before I can launch vMix. Later versions of Windows 10 have made the problem worse. Things like, it changes the Main Display to one of the external displays, so I lose all my Icons on the Laptop. I have one duplicated external monitor, and sometimes it changes this to external, and makes another monitor duplicate. Once I reconfigure all the monitors, then everything works, but when time is short, it makes things really difficult.

Would be interested to hear, if anyone has found a way to prevent Windows 10 from changing things around like this.

Regards
Grant.

Update
Having continued with this for some time, I have found that both getting used to windows changing things sometimes, but also, after a while of using various setups, it can start to remember after a while, so it is just a matter of checking, and if any are wrong, then fix it. Also, always plug things in the same sockets, eg USB adapters
hellokitty  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 2:52:42 PM(UTC)
hellokitty

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Try Display Fusion