logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WHUMCAdam  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 8:17:26 AM(UTC)
WHUMCAdam

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello All,
I use VMIX HD in my weekly Sunday Morning Productions at West Heights UMC in Wichita and I made an exciting discovery.

I put in a new PSU and a New RTX 2060 6gb GPU into my system. My system has had a problem when outputting to our IMAG System here at the church (2 projectors, 2 TVs, and 1 confidence Monitor) with having around 500ms to 1 second of lag; however, I replaced my PSU (as it had failed) and put in a Nvidia RTX 2060 6gb (which I spent about $400 or so on) in addition to my existing GTX 1050ti SC. I now have zero output lag out of VMIX and no discernable input lag making our IMAG productions a lot more visually appealing and our congregation for once had no complaints about lag on the displays. I just got it running exceptionally well just in time for Palm/Passion Sunday (which is in two days.) as I got it working within a week.

The specs of my machine are as follows:
Asus Prime Z390-p Motherboard
Intel Core i7 8700k @ 3.7 GHZ
16 GB corsair vengeance DDR4 Ram
Nvidia RTX 2060 6gb (MSI Variant. This GPU is used for Rendering and IMAG Output.)
Nvidia GTX 1050ti SC 4gb (EVGA Variant. This is only used for a display output for Windows)
Corsair CX750m 750 watt PSU
Elgato HD60 Pro Capture Card
Blackmagic Design Decklink Mini Recorder (second capture card.)
Elgato Streamdeck (control Surface).
Soundcraft MADI USB interface for Audio (Built into our Mixer)

I hope that by me sharing this that it might give others the same level of success that I have.

Thanks,
Adam
thanks 1 user thanked WHUMCAdam for this useful post.
Nazarene Israel on 4/15/2019(UTC)
jacklavey  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 5:38:48 PM(UTC)
jacklavey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
This is great info! just to clarify, the lag that you had before was the crowd seeing the "real time action on stage" via "camera-capture card-vvmix" with a 500ms to 1s delay to the imag system running the multiple screens? and now with the 2060 you're not seeing that lag at all?
mjgraves  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 1:59:08 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Very interesting. Happy that it's working for you. I was under the impression that vMix doesn't like/leverage dual VGA cards. Could you be more specific about how you setup the IMAG output?
WHUMCAdam  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 1:51:55 PM(UTC)
WHUMCAdam

United States

Originally Posted by: jacklavey Go to Quoted Post
This is great info! just to clarify, the lag that you had before was the crowd seeing the "real time action on stage" via "camera-capture card-vvmix" with a 500ms to 1s delay to the imag system running the multiple screens? and now with the 2060 you're not seeing that lag at all?

Correct.

I have basically eliminated any discernable lag with my system and any of the members of my congregation that usually notice when things are even slightly off has not noticed any issues with lip sync. I am running 2 services worth of lengthy Powerpoints (100+ slides each), announcement ppt (an average of 11 slides of mostly graphics used as an announcements loop), a TV style bug on overlay, quite often 1 or 2 videos, and a separate ppt for the choral anthem that is live chroma keyed and overlaid on top of the input on program in addition to my 2 camera inputs and 1 audio input.

The RTX 2060 is doing all of the input and output processing and live rendering. It is an amazingly powerful card for only around $400 at my local Best Buy.

I am tempted to see what I could accomplish with an RTX 2080 (although, I don't presently have the budget for that card).

My cabling from the CCUs are only high speed HDMI cables.

WHUMCAdam  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 2:00:16 PM(UTC)
WHUMCAdam

United States

Originally Posted by: mjgraves Go to Quoted Post
Very interesting. Happy that it's working for you. I was under the impression that vMix doesn't like/leverage dual VGA cards. Could you be more specific about how you setup the IMAG output?

It doesn't completely like it; however, with one exception, it works very well and is very stable. The only issue that I have is that the GT Title Engine breaks when rendering to another card that is different than the display adapter that the main vMix window is on. I would be tempted to try it with the 2060 only and see if I could get the GT Title Engine to work.

The output to the IMAG system is presently the only output coming off of that card. I am using a high speed HDMI Cable to output from the card out to a digital xpress aurora HDMI over Cat6 adapter that goes out to the video distribution system in our sanctuary.

-Adam
WHUMCAdam  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 2:07:18 PM(UTC)
WHUMCAdam

United States

Originally Posted by: WHUMCAdam Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mjgraves Go to Quoted Post

It doesn't completely like it; however, with one exception, it works very well and is very stable. The only issue that I have is that the GT Title Engine breaks when rendering to another card that is different than the display adapter that the main vMix window is on. I would be tempted to try it with the 2060 only and see if I could get the GT Title Engine to work.

The output to the IMAG system is presently the only output coming off of that card. I am using a high speed HDMI Cable to output from the card out to a digital xpress aurora HDMI over Cat6 adapter that goes out to the video distribution system in our sanctuary.

-Adam

Also, I am running the show at about 720p60 since that is what we have to output to the system due to a limitation in the screens in the choir loft (they are only able to display 720p60 or lower.) I am presently only recording on the same machine and the IMAG output is the full screen output and not the external output.

-Adam