logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RobertFreddi  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:26:29 PM(UTC)
RobertFreddi

Groups: Registered
Germany

Hey everyone!

More detailed on my situation right now:
I work for a small-ish live production company. And I am currently in charge to build our third vMix system. We use it mainly for the Instant Replay and sometimes for some MAZ videos.

Since we've had the vMix, we've been looking for a good and most importantly cheap replay controller. For the first we just used a normal keyboard, which is not that great.

For our second vMix that we build late last year, we got an Expertkeys EK-58, which is kind of a cheaper version of the X-Keys keyboards. It only emulates keyboard presses so that's what needs to be set up in the vMix.

My actual question:
I just randomly found the Behringer X-Touch One on Thomann. It looks like it could be a nice interface as a replay controller. It also kind of looks like a 3Play Controller. So that is pretty nice.

But: is it possible to actually get this to work and use the jog wheel for moving in the timeline and use the fader to change the replay speed?

Yeah that really is all.

Hope someone can help me! So thanks in advance :)
bgbenni  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 2:51:45 AM(UTC)
bgbenni

Germany

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Benutze eine shuttlepro v2, die ist etwas günstiger und funktioniert perfekt und einfach
RobertFreddi  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 7:38:20 PM(UTC)
RobertFreddi

Germany

Originally Posted by: bgbenni Go to Quoted Post
Benutze eine shuttlepro v2, die ist etwas günstiger und funktioniert perfekt und einfach

Ja das hatten wir auch. Aber ich fand das nie so geil. Und dann ist irgendwann mal das Kabel gebrochen und seitdem ist das Teil tot.
ggudnason  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 10:28:14 PM(UTC)
ggudnason

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
There is a chance it will work. However I had problems getting the xtouch https://m.thomann.de/de/behringer_x_touch.htm working in vmix. Successfully used both the xtouch mini and compact. There is some protocol difference. Not sure how the xtouch one is.