logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RobLive  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:35:58 AM(UTC)
RobLive

Groups: Registered
United States

I created a custom animated lower third graphic in Apple Motion and have it rendered out via FCPX with an alpha channel. Is there a way to use this pre-existing animated graphic with vMix?

BTW: I’m brand new, my first post. I’m a Mac user looking to fetch a PeeCee just for vMix.

Thanks,

Rob
raugert  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:17:10 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Absolutely. If you rendered the animation with FCPX as a video file (eg: .mov with alpha), you would simply add it as a video input. Because it has an alpha channel, it can then be 'keyed' over another source. (called Overlay in vMix). vMix is not like a traditional hardware switcher. It may appear complicated at first, but once you understand the workflow, you will appreciate it's power and flexibility.

I would recommend looking at some of the vMix videos on YouTube to to get a better sense of it's features.

cheers,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
RobLive on 3/24/2019(UTC)
RobLive  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 2:01:05 PM(UTC)
RobLive

United States

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post

I would recommend looking at some of the vMix videos on YouTube to to get a better sense of it's features.

Thanks Richard!

I’ve watched many vMix videos but seemingly all of the ones I saw related to graphics talked about Gt or the inability to handle targa sequences....

I look forward to using vMix... I’ll be at NAB too and look forward to meeting the team in person.

I guess the only inability or weakness of a software switcher of something like vMix is an IMAG situation where you have a live presenter and you want a program feed or aux feed going to a projector with virtually no latency. And, the other weakness could be that the computer could fail and the whole show could be ruined... I suppose that’s why people still deploy hardware switchers. With that said, I lol forward to making use of vMix. I need to find a good laptop. It would be nice to find some hardware that I can appreciate... the Mac laptop does have a nice build quality and keyboard and trackpad feel. Most other laptops feel clunky.

Okay, thanks again!!!

R