logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RobLive  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:52:08 AM(UTC)
RobLive

Groups: Registered
United States

I’m a recovering Mac user with a 2012 MBP... I’d like to start using vMix with 3 or 4 sources or maybe 3 inputs with one output and stream (and record) a 1080p/30 signal. Any thoughts about the viability of the HP Omen?

On the cheap can I have 2-3 Elgato Game Capture (HD60s) connected and in use at the same time, connected via USB?

Also, can I send my switched output to a projector for all to enjoy? Using the built in hdmi output of the laptop? How much latency would you expect?

Thanks,

Rob
RobLive  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:54:02 AM(UTC)
RobLive

United States

Oh, can I play/record my media from a traditional HDD? I know the system should use an SSD.

Thanks,

Rob
RobLive  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:56:53 AM(UTC)
RobLive

United States

Note: my cameras may output a 1080i or 1080p 60 signal and vMix will have to scale this to the streaming strings that are 30p or 29.97p.
mgrayeb  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 4:43:39 AM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I use an HP Omen 15 laptop with a nVidia 1060 graphics card and Intel i7 8750h cpu. Streamed 720p last weekend to Facebook and YouTube simultaneously with about 8 inputs plus vMix Social plus Titler Live (via NDI on the same laptop) plus a Zoom meeting running simultaneously on the same laptop and two monitors connected (one via the HDMI port and the other via the mini Displayport; both connected to the internal graphics card) for screen capture. Did not notice any latency in the screen capture or audio/video sync of Zoom meeting content (though I did notice in the recording on YouTube that there was some drifting of audio on YouTube after about the 4 hour mark in the recording -- but I don't think that happened with the live stream on YouTube). CPU and GPU were both very low (less than 10% each respectively). Did not record though.

HP is running an amazing sale right now to clear out their 2018 series OMEN laptops in advance of the new 2019 OMEN laptops with the 2000 series GPU. I saw a 15 inch OMEN with 1070 gpu, 4K display, 1TB 7200 RPM hard drive, and 512GB SSD for about $1,150 yesterday on their site. Wish I hadn't purchased my laptop a month ago; could have gotten the 1070 and 512GB SSD for less than I paid for the 1060 with 256GB SSD.

Very happy with the laptop though.

image one cropped 032419.jpg (571kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked mgrayeb for this useful post.
RobLive on 3/29/2019(UTC)