logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikekay  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 4:54:20 AM(UTC)
mikekay

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Greetings. Been using vmix since 2015, no issues. Saturday, an hour before start of gig when I started vmix, the opening windows started flickering and I had to reboot computer.....after that I got a message that said registration database corrupt. Internet on this site is flakey, but I was able to get up and running again. What could have caused this? Is there a way to get vmix working again without internet access?

I got my hands on a nice projector for this gig, an older one - a Barco Icon H500. Using the DVI input, should have been no problem....but there was. I could see the Barco on the computer as the second monitor, It appeared that I had signal going to the Barco, but I could not get it to work. Swapped out to my usual less poweful projector, and was up and running as the doors opened.....

I use a black magic quad 2 for inputs, and use an nvidia titan xt (I think) as outputs. The output goes hdmi into a Kramer unit to send signal to a Kramer receiver via cat6, then hdmi to dvi and into the Barco......never got it working....but all specs say it should have, with no issues. In fact I tested the Barco at home using my smaller video rig, and got a signal to it. Any input most appreciated.

JoseL  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 8:45:53 AM(UTC)
JoseL

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hdmi to dvi, how you converted?. Try a processor/scaler to make this conversion digitally.

Regards.

Jose.