logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rinsky  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2019 9:51:11 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I want to play a specific video of my list input via shortcut, but it will always start with the current video, even though the shortcut let's me choose the video in the settings (no I am not choosing "current"). Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here?
sickley1  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 1:13:34 AM(UTC)
sickley1

What function are you using for the shortcut?
Rinsky  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 1:22:40 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Hi,

I'm using "ListPlayOut" then chose the input and the video I want to play out, but it will always use the video that is currently selected.
ukcpw  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 3:02:54 AM(UTC)
ukcpw

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Rinsky

I think I encountered the same problem. Fact is vMix has several "twin" terms. Like Multiviews, or list.
I believe that you're trying to play an item in a list input, while the shortcut plays an item in the playlist mode, which if I can remember is located at the bottom of the screen and that you have to set up using the gear button.
Rinsky  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 8:37:43 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

No it's definitely a shortcut for the List and not Playlist, because the shortcut works, but it doesn't let you choose the video in the list, it only starts the currently seleced video, even when choosing another video in the shortcut menu.
admin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 11:19:09 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

ListPlayOut will select and play whatever is highlighted in orange in the user interface using the mouse.
It replicates the Play Out button within the user interface.

Alternatively if you want to play out whatever is currently loaded in the list, use the normal transition shortcuts
and you can also use NextItem/PreviousItem shortcuts to load different items in the list for this purpose.

In summary, there is two different ways of doing things in the List depending on your preferred workflow.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
ukcpw  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:27:16 AM(UTC)
ukcpw

Hi Martin,

Maybe I'm wrong but when you use the play shortcut with a list input, you can select either "current" or the name of the file you want in the list.

But I never made it work, since it only plays the one selected in the menu. I know you can change the select button, or event move elements. But having the possibility to shortcut a specific item directly without touching the list would be great, for instance to play out different jingles or musics without creating an input per item.

Thanks
thanks 1 user thanked ukcpw for this useful post.
tomthinks on 7/21/2020(UTC)
admin  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:37:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
You can select the video to load in the list when using a transition as a shortcut such as Fade/Cut etc.
Rinsky  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2020 9:33:26 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Ahhh! I finally understand! Didn't expect that it would be that easy, thank you!
ukcpw  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 1:06:23 AM(UTC)
ukcpw

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
You can select the video to load in the list when using a transition as a shortcut such as Fade/Cut etc.

Martin,

Ok for a video file you want to play to the PGM, but what if I want to play an audio file without a transition to the PGM ?
Then I would use the "Play" shortcut, and then I can choose which item I want in the list but it still doesn't work... so is this a bug ? I don't want to have to select in my list, I'd like to assign shortcuts to each item so I can play any music I want with hitting one button.

Thanks

Capture vmix list.jpg (57kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
dmwkr  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 8:47:49 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 107 post(s)
This is also true if you want to use a specific video from a list in one of the four overlay channels. When setting up the shortcut you can select the video on a function like OverlayInput1In, but it will always play the video currently loaded.
Rinsky  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 1:04:46 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Originally Posted by: dmwkr Go to Quoted Post
This is also true if you want to use a specific video from a list in one of the four overlay channels. When setting up the shortcut you can select the video on a function like OverlayInput1In, but it will always play the video currently loaded.

I was about to post something about this problem.

I would love to put all videos into a list for performance reason and play them out or play them as overlays with shortcuts.

We found the solution for playing those videos out to program, but there seems to be no solution to make use of the list for overlays in this kind of way. I hope Martin can do something about it.
thanks 1 user thanked Rinsky for this useful post.
tomthinks on 7/21/2020(UTC)
dmwkr  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 4:25:33 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Here is a workaround I found, at least for the 4K and Pro editions of vMix:

- Add a Mix input (https://help.vmix.com/help23/Mix.html) as a placeholder.
- One could do it with two shortcuts on one key, but it is better to add a short break between the two functions in a script.
- 1st function - Cut: Add a Mix parameter to the Cut function. The List will cut to the output of the Mix input, but it won't effect the "real" output and it won't start playing. But the element you want to play is loaded to the List.
- 2nd function - Add the function you want to use for the List element, eg. "Play" for background audio, or "OverlayInput1In" for the video overlay, etc.

Code:
Function=Cut&Input=List&Mix=1&SelectedIndex=2
Sleep 200
Function=OverlayInput1In&Input=List

Input: Name or number of your List input
Mix: 0 is the Main Mix, 1 the first Mix input
SelectedIndex: Specify the list element you want to play starting from 1
tomthinks  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:56:01 AM(UTC)
tomthinks

Man
United States

I've been racking my brain over this issue. I do a Twitch live-stream where I like to cue lots of fun overlays on top of my scenes, so making multi-views for all possibility of combinations is a waste of buttons/energy, so I'm trying to get a List to work as an Overlay, so I can make my buttons cue a certain video... like Overlay1, with video #3 from my list, etc, but this doesn't seem possible. Perhaps with some fancy scripting? I need to study scripting in VMIX.
dmwkr  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 3:48:17 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

It's possible with the workaround above your post, if you have the 4K or Pro edition of vMix. Do you? If you need further help setting up your shortcuts let me know.