logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WebcastFlorida  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2019 8:15:05 AM(UTC)
WebcastFlorida

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

If I could only find some guidance on a rate structure….. I’ve seen prices from $5 to $9,000 per day but I’m also seeing $650 for a half-day in other places. Most streaming producers do not post prices online, so I suspect many are in the same position I am, see what the market will bear, but the requirements vary widely. What strategies work? What price ranges are working? Where are the best markets? Meetings? Funerals? Sports? Conventions? Trade Shows? Training?
spencerm24  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2019 5:50:04 AM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WebcastFlorida Go to Quoted Post
If I could only find some guidance on a rate structure….. I’ve seen prices from $5 to $9,000 per day but I’m also seeing $650 for a half-day in other places. Most streaming producers do not post prices online, so I suspect many are in the same position I am, see what the market will bear, but the requirements vary widely. What strategies work? What price ranges are working? Where are the best markets? Meetings? Funerals? Sports? Conventions? Trade Shows? Training?

it varies WIDELY, depending on the complexity of the production and number of people needed to make it go. a single cam single operator might be the low end, but a 6-7 camera production might be on the high end.

WebcastFlorida  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2019 6:54:42 AM(UTC)
WebcastFlorida

Man
United States

OK, to further define, how about a 3 camera one or two-person crew (switcher/producer and camera operator) with lower thirds, logo and segment graphics and customer stinger transitions?

Also, where are the best markets? Convention centers and hotels seem to pitch their own video crews. Event organizers think webcasts will decrease paid attendance (stats show virtual tickets can INCREASE on-site attendance). What's the most effective marketing? Email? Google? Social Media? Direct Mail?