logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
krayg123  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 7:19:57 PM(UTC)
krayg123

Groups: Registered

Being a licensed VidBlaster user, I am fed up with not being able to produce full HD video without dropped frames all the time, even on a fast i7, lots of RAM and SSD. A while ago I trialled vMix, which looked really great and could do full HD fine, but I couldn't see anywhere that I could set an "auto-live" operation. What I mean is that I don't want to have to push an input to the preview pane, and then to the live pane. I would rather simply select the input pane and it is automatically live - the preview pane wouldn't even be used.

I have been researching other products, like Wirecast, that can do this, but there are certain things that don't quite suit me with them that bring me back to vMix. However, the feature that I see as missing is the "autolive".

Perhaps I have missed this somewhere? Can anyone tell me if the feature does actually exist and I have just missed it?

Thanks!
Greg  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 8:09:09 PM(UTC)
Greg

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You create a shortcut key for each of your inputs. From there the input goes live when you press the shortcut key. You have the flexibility of choosing the type of transition you want on each input when you set up the shotcut key.

Greg
thanks 1 user thanked Greg for this useful post.
krayg123 on 10/6/2013(UTC)
krayg123  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 8:15:07 PM(UTC)
krayg123

Excellent, thanks. I will take a closer look at the shortcuts, as that sounds like it has potential to achieve what I want.
Brian Hazelden  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 4:28:02 AM(UTC)
Brian Hazelden

krayg123 wrote:
I would rather simply select the input pane and it is automatically live - the preview pane wouldn't even be used...........Can anyone tell me if the feature does actually exist and I have just missed it?Thanks!

Have you tried the QuickPlay button?
krayg123  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 7:22:31 AM(UTC)
krayg123

Brian Hazelden wrote:

Yes, I have looked at the QuickPlay buttons, but I use a touch-screen and the QuickPlay buttons are too small for controlling by touch quickly. If I could simply touch the input pane and it went live instantly, that would be brilliant.

I think I may be able to work with the shortcut keys, but being able to touch an input pane and go straight to live would be even better...
Egriswold  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 11:47:37 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
since you are using a touch screen have you cosidered either a tablet and using the web interface or adding a second monitor and plaing the web interface on the touch screen and main interface on second monitor?
krayg123  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 7:39:50 PM(UTC)
krayg123

Egriswold wrote:
since you are using a touch screen have you cosidered either a tablet and using the web interface or adding a second monitor and plaing the web interface on the touch screen and main interface on second monitor?

I hadn't looked at the web/tablet side of things as some of the people that will control this computer are not that computer literate, so keeping it simple is a must for me. I'll take a look at the web side - I am more and more impressed with the features of vMix, the more I delve into it.
Brian Hazelden  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:04:01 AM(UTC)
Brian Hazelden

krayg123 wrote:
Brian Hazelden wrote:

Yes, I have looked at the QuickPlay buttons, but I use a touch-screen and the QuickPlay buttons are too small for controlling by touch quickly. If I could simply touch the input pane and it went live instantly, that would be brilliant.

I think I may be able to work with the shortcut keys, but being able to touch an input pane and go straight to live would be even better...

I agree with you about the size of the buttons, they are too small to be positively selected in a live mixing situation, even with a mouse.

Keyboard shortcuts are ok but you need to take your eyes off the screen.

If we could configure mouse clicks (I guess a screen touch is the same) then my set-up would be:-

1) Left Mouse Click on Input selects full screen preview.
2) Right Mouse on full screen preview sends it to Output.
3) Right Mouse on Input sends it to Output.