logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Killerhands  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 7:05:06 PM(UTC)
Killerhands

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,
I just started using vMix and so far I love pretty much everything. One thing I've ran into is that when loading up a transparent flash (swf) file with vMix it auto-plays (and if it's set to loop it will keep looping even though I don't have the input pushed to the output). I was wonder if when you load a flash file into vMix that it either doesn't play the file until it is pushed to the output (either via preview to output or as an overlay) or when it loads it pauses the flash file on frame 1.

For example, I have a flash file that has a custom animation at the start and the way vMix is setup right now it plays the flash file all the way through everytime I click an overlay button. This also includes when I want to take the overlay off, which is kind of counterproductive, because I just want to fade it out, I don't want to play the flash file again off screen.

Proposed solution:
When a flash file is already being pushed to the output, when you transition or remove the overlay it doesn't play the file again and just either pauses on that frame or fades to black.

Either that or when you set it as an overlay there's a 'clear frame' sent through the input right before it overlays on the output and proceeds plays the file again. The way it is right now if something is up in the flash file when I switch to it there's like a few frames that that image is up until it starts to play the file again and animate in and it kind of flickers on the screen.

Thanks again for an awesome product!
thanks 1 user thanked Killerhands for this useful post.
Adriankey4 on 9/13/2013(UTC)
Killerhands  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 1:40:13 PM(UTC)
Killerhands

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Any way to circumvent this or fix it? I've been trying to mess with adding in blank frames into the flash files but no real luck. :-\

I'm kind of running short on time here (going live in a week) so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)