logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Doug  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:44:26 AM(UTC)
Doug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Has anyone used the Sony EVI-D80 robotic camera? How is the picture quality while in motion? I need some advice on this camera to be used in conjunction with vMix to record sporting events...everything from football and soccer to field hockey, volleyball, basketball, swimming, etc.

It is budget time where I work and I need to know if this camera will be good enough before adding it to my wish list.

I know it supposed to be good for video conferencing or church services where there isn't a lot of motion. That is what concerns me. I have found no descriptions which say it would work for fast moving events.

Also... would I be able to use this with vMix as I would have to wire it into my laptop via a RS-232C control cable (which allows me to use my keyboard to control the camera).

Another option would be a robotic arm of some type that I could use with the Sony FX7 cameras I already have. Does anyone know of such a device that would allow me to PTZ? The price would have to under $1000 U.S. (with a controller or RS-232C control capability).

Thanks,
doug
pmcman26  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2013 4:03:50 PM(UTC)
pmcman26

Hi Doug,

Broadcastvenue in Flemington, NJ is using the Sony EVI-H100V PTZ camera with vMix to stream sporting events. So far, so good. It is able to stay in focus, and the picture quality remains good while in motion.

We use an RS-232 controller as a stand alone unit to control the camera. Smooth camera moves are tricky when using joystick controls.

Check out these YouTube links for samples.

I can be reached at patrick@broadcastvenue.com or 908-788-2033.

Pat
Doug  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2013 4:26:46 PM(UTC)
Doug

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
pmcman26 wrote:
Hi Doug,

Broadcastvenue in Flemington, NJ is using the Sony EVI-H100V PTZ camera with vMix to stream sporting events. So far, so good. It is able to stay in focus, and the picture quality remains good while in motion.

We use an RS-232 controller as a stand alone unit to control the camera. Smooth camera moves are tricky when using joystick controls.

Check out these YouTube links for samples.

I can be reached at patrick@broadcastvenue.com or 908-788-2033.

Pat

Thanks Pat... this is the type of information/video samples I was looking for. I have put in for an evi-d80 for next year along with the necessary cables. After watching your work, I do believe this Sony camera will work just fine.
Thanks,
-Doug