logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fabfab10  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:18:55 PM(UTC)
fabfab10

Groups: Registered
Italy

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello, i would like to know if there is a way to run GT Titler as stand alone application , on another computer in order to design graphics templates and animation. I would a graphic developer to work on it, without the production environment.
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:45:57 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
You can install vMix on two PCs using the same license number, as long as you do not run vMix on both at the same time (see Knowledge base).

Logically, as GT cannot be installed separately it is not standalone and thus needs a vMix license.
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
blue28 on 2/20/2019(UTC)
fabfab10  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 7:06:19 PM(UTC)
fabfab10

Italy

Thanks for the answer, i knew i can install a second copy, my question was to consider the idea of having GT as a separate free downloadable tool in order to allow graphic designer to work on their own, something like desktop capture. At the end is the live engine who needs to be licensed.
thanks 1 user thanked fabfab10 for this useful post.
jelutalica on 2/21/2019(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 8:27:18 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Lets say you just bought a second copy of VMIX and ran it on a laptop.

Could you run the laptop output through NDI with Alpha over to VMIX then simply just key it in? I am not sure if VMIX could send alpha externally?

If this is possible its certainly worth the money to buy a second licence since most NDI CG solutions are a lot more pricey.

There is also the ability to control certain things on a separate PC through a browser.
fabfab10  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 6:11:03 PM(UTC)
fabfab10

Italy

@Radiotvpat1982
That is another scenario from what i described. I think there is no problem in sending NDI key+fill through the network, but anyway in this case you would be using Vmix to playout your graphic so the normal licensing model would apply. It is a pretty common scenario in the broadcast industry, so it would make perfect sense to consider it and it also worth the money if you need it.
What i was talking about is just a design environment separated from the playout machine. Typically in a production you may consider to use your second license for the backup machine, in case you want to have some sort of redundancy, for serious productions. I was asking about an offline version just to setup graphic projects to be used inside the live vmix.