logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stuart M  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 2:40:12 PM(UTC)
Stuart M

Groups: Registered

Hey folks,

Appreciate the ability to use VST3 plugins which you have incorporated into vmix.

I didn't initially understand it was only VST3.

I am using Reaper DAW software and there are many useful VST plugins included with the program.

I have looked at purchasing VST3 programs and it seems there are many excellent ones but it becomes a challenge when you want to use these on more than one machine with licensing. $$$ For example a streaming (vmix) computer and an audio production computer.

I saw some previous notes regarding vmix running 64bit and possible challenges with standard vst files. I have noted that I am running reaper 64 bit and using the reaper plugins. I would love to be able to make use of these in both my DAW and bring presets into vmix. If such a thing were possible it would make some powerful audio tools available to those with a small budget and facilitate greater use of plugins from other sources.

I'm wondering if a quick explanation would be possible to let us know if this might be possible? Perhaps things have changed in the time since vst was first reviewed / implemented?

Love the vmix program and the fact that I see a concerted effort from the company to patch, fix, update, etc. In the past I used another streaming software. I discovered a flaw in the program and it would not work properly for a certain resolution I was trying to use. I made the company aware and they reviewed the problem and confirmed that I had discovered a flaw. I had hoped they would supply a patch in the near future but I got a very vague 'we will fix this in a future release' which seemed like a distant hope and not much help when the software would not do what it was designed to do.

So keep up the good work.

Would love to also see greater depth of control for ptz cameras.
I am using ptz optics.
The Xbox control and presets / virtual ptz work great.
Would love to see greater control re: manual focus and locking in a focus for a preset as sometimes the cameras are hunting for focus.
Would also love to see any further control that could be provide for ptz presets / virtual ptz inputs such as white balance, iris, gain, etc, that would help for different lighting scenarios in different parts of the room or as lighting situations change.
Any increased functionality would be awesome.
I probably should get this into another thread but was on a roll.

Thanks guys!