logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ph0en1x  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 8:12:08 PM(UTC)
Ph0en1x

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
We recently upgraded to vMix Pro to utilize all the channels of the Instant Replay. We have three 50i camera's in a 50p master framerate preset and a whole bunch of other inputs (video's, XAMLs, etc.). The camera sources are deinterlaced in vMix and all of them are being recorded in Instant Replay.

It looks like after the upgrade to Pro our system has about reached it's peak performance. This is what we use:

- i7 4790 @ 3.6ghz CPU
- Geforce 960 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- Dedicated Samsung 860 EVO SSD for Replay storage

We got the CPU overload message in vMix, so that should be an indication on what to improve. ;) But is it normal that this system isn't up to the task, and if so: what bang-for-buck CPU do you guys recommend? And is there anything else we should upgrade?

Thanks,

Tim
kevev  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 9:29:30 AM(UTC)
kevev

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
https://www.vmix.com/pro...x-reference-systems.aspx

EMERALD hardware is what we use. It has a good CPU for 4 channel replay. We ended up building s second PC for only replay using these specs. 10GB Ethernet cards in both systems with an Ethernet cable direct between is plenty of bandwidth. This way we didn't overload the main vMix system.

One thing to note is that you need 1x dedicated CPU core per replay input, plus extra cores for the other system functions. Your cideo card "should" be good enough. We actually use a 1060 in main PC & 1050 in replay PC.
ask  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 3:18:34 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
If you are bringing in a 50i signal and having it deinterlaced vMix will set the frame rate at 25p. If your project is set to 50p, you are then asking vMix to double the frame rate. Both actions increase load on the CPU. I would suggest setting the project at 50i or 25p and testing again.