logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoseSantos  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 11:06:57 AM(UTC)
JoseSantos

Groups: Registered
United States

Dear vMix:
Why do I have to own vMix 4k or Pro in order to have GT advanced? I own HD. My viewers don't care for 4k lessons, interviews, or instant replays. So is there a way to pay for the GT advanced features without having to upgrade to 4k or Pro? $60.00 US for it? Or for like $400 as an HD Special Edition package/version? It doesn't make sense. It's an awesome upgrade, yet I don't need 4k or Pro. My viewers are very happy with 1080p 30/60fps streams. If this was possible then I would buy a second HD license (for sure!) with the option of paying extra for the GT advanced features for a second computer. Which would be exactly what we need for a perfect broadcasting system according to our needs. BTW A very happy user of your system,yet a little confused with the GT thing in 22...Thank you...
ask  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 12:52:20 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
It is a simple commercial decision. The developers need to recoup the cost of R&D involved just like every other vendor. You have the inbuilt animated GT titles that work in vMixHD. Of you want to be able to do custom designs with animations you buy the higher edition. Or buy another bit of software (i.e. NewBlue Titler4) at significantly higher price to make those animations.

Either way it is now your commercial decision as to whether you have a business case to upgrade editions.
thanks 1 user thanked ask for this useful post.
edhorn on 2/17/2019(UTC)
zenvideo  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 3:42:26 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JoseSantos Go to Quoted Post
Why do I have to own vMix 4k or Pro in order to have GT advanced? I own HD. My viewers don't care for 4k lessons, interviews, or instant replays..... It's an awesome upgrade, yet I don't need 4k or Pro.

Just ignore the fact that the next level up from is called "4K" - it's irrelevant. It's simply a higher edition at a higher price, containing a number of extra features (including GT Advanced and 4K video capability) not found in the lower editions. If you need ANY of those features, then you need the higher edition. It's never been sold as a "pick-&-mix" of your favourite features at your preferred price. End of story.
thanks 1 user thanked zenvideo for this useful post.
edhorn on 2/17/2019(UTC)
spencerm24  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 4:20:19 AM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
"I don't need 4k or Pro"

yet you want the advanced feature of GT....therefore you DO need 4k or Pro. Don't worry about 4k being the name, you can still do HD productions, its just a way to differentiate the licences.

We need to support Martin and his team if we want to continue to expect such a great product with updates and constant improvement. It's a small price to pay for such a great product. They are already way under what any other product for switching, streaming, and graphics and even instant replay would cost. If we don't support them, and vMix goes away, we actually end up spending more money for other products to do the same thing. Long story short, its not a lot of money for what we get, support them and they'll support us in the future with constant improvements.
thanks 2 users thanked spencerm24 for this useful post.
hellokitty on 2/16/2019(UTC), edhorn on 2/17/2019(UTC)