logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PapaB  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 5:43:57 AM(UTC)
PapaB

Groups: Registered
Germany

Oooook.... a little Background:

I´m an IT-Guy for a company that creates (build/create) Imaging devices for medicine (like MR, CT, MI, Ultrasonic and so on).

We are doing more and more Internet based trainings and virtual classrooms for our field-technician and also for customers in clinics.

So... with the virtual classrooms i do not have many problems. I created some studio-Rooms, where i have enough light, one Main-Camera (PTZ from PTZ-Optics) and what is the demand also Hovercams, Handcams, Logitech-PTZs and so on all to vMix and mixed to the collaboration-Software (in our Case Webex training).

The interessting thing for me are the trainings, when a trainer i doing a REAL technical training... we have all the machines in real in our trainingcenter and more and more the new things on the machines are shown via online-Training.

Our setup is, that the trainer is doing some powerpoint-battles and than dissasemble and reassemble a machine (f.e. a CT, or Ultrasonic-Device) and me or my IT-Colleagues are jumping around him and catch everything on a (good) camcorder that is connected via HDMI-Cable with vmix-PC and streamed directly (via Webex) to the audience.

So far so good... BUT... this session goes around 3-4 hours and we (the IT-Guys) have to carry the cam with a Lavalier-Mic on it AND often a extra lamp to make everything visible.
After such session your arms are .... weak :-)

AND... the permanent motion of the cam does an effect like in Cloverfield... sometimes i fear our audience get motion-sickness...

I´m searching for a solution to make it more convinient for the participants AND for us IT-Guys.

What i so far find is the possibility to use a gimbal like the Xiaomi-Gimbal in combination with a (android) Smartphone where the Newtek-NDI-App is installed (very good latency via Wifi).

BUT.....

We also have a the Vuzix M300-Glasses (cool Stuff :-) where we also could use the Newtek-NDI-App for Android.
And again a BUT.... the camera of the Vuzix is... not the best...

So.. my Idea is now to have a small camera like the Gopro mounted on a fine Gimbal where the video-signal is transfered via Wifi to vmix AND to the Vuzix-Glasses (so i could see what im filming) and then to the participants of our course.

Did i describe it good enough? Are there some solutions for this? Because i searched a relativ long time now in the internet, but didnt find anything usefull.

Hehe... at my work i´m the WALL OF TEXT-Writer and also here... so sorry for the long text :-)

Best regards,

Ralph
erikjf  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 1:21:46 AM(UTC)
erikjf

China

Hi, I have a similar job with you. Now new hero 7 can support rtmp stream function. I think it is a good news to solve your question. But vmix can not have rtmp server mode at present. I had used a software that both have rtmp server and rtmp client mode. Hope we can meet in further version of vmix.
PapaB  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 6:37:16 PM(UTC)
PapaB

Germany

Hey erikjf,

would be great, if we could share our experience about doing our job... here in germany it seems to be a realy pioneer thing with this online Streaming and i have much to learn!

So.. thanks for the hint with the RTMP-possibility of the GoPros... i surely will check this out AND on my vMix-Version (4K) it is possible to catch a rtmp-stream!

Do you have another version?
SRoberti  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 1:12:22 AM(UTC)
SRoberti

Switzerland

Dear Ralf,
I would like if you have any information regarding the installation of NDI camera App on Vuzix. I am testing M400 model.
If you have any info regarding this would be very appreciated.

regards
Simone
PapaB  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 7:24:06 PM(UTC)
PapaB

Germany

Originally Posted by: SRoberti Go to Quoted Post
Dear Ralf,
I would like if you have any information regarding the installation of NDI camera App on Vuzix. I am testing M400 model.
If you have any info regarding this would be very appreciated.

regards
Simone

Hey there,

so, we are using this app:

https://play.google.com/...xcam&hl=de&gl=US

Just install it directly via the store or download the apk, copy it and install it then :-)

Afterwards let the vmix-machine be in the same network like the M400, start the app and the record-button and in Vmix search for the NDI-Stream.
Also very usefull for the M400 is a Bluetooth-Keyboard with integrated Touchpad...
OR
Just Mirror the M400 to your pc and steer it from there.

Hope this helps :-)
SRoberti  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2021 10:20:04 PM(UTC)
SRoberti

Switzerland

Dear Ralf,
thank you for your answer. I did again the workaround but the app dosen't work on M400.
Can you confirm that you can run NDI HX Camera on M400?

If you can, can you tell me something more how you get the apk source? I bought the app from store but I couldn't directly donwload it.
I installed the app on a smartphone using then an apk extractor for android.
Or do I need to to do something special with vuzix developer kit during installation?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Simone