logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
menluddevafan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:58:51 AM(UTC)
menluddevafan

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!

Second-ever-post-disclamer: IF this is not the right place, content or manner to ask this please don't shoot me but rather move/remove the post and forget I ever posted this.

I'm using vmix as graphics playout for a race as I described here:
https://forums.vmix.com/...l-output---AJA-io4k-Plus

When adding my .xml file to datasources and converting rows to columns I have two issues:

1. The converted columns are named after each element in the xml. BUT there is a period added. Instead of "name1" I get "name.1". That makes it impossible to name the title fields in my .xaml file correctly for auto mapping. I read in the forum that might have to do with the number of elements in the .xml.

2. When using xpath with the pipe command to filter out a couple of relevant data entries, the column names are not even corresponding to the elements in the .xml anymore. Instead named "#text1". That is also not possible to reference in the .xaml.

Does anyone know if there is any work around to these problems? I guess I should probably just work on my nodejs skills and learn how to filter the data before it's even imported as a data source, but thaught I might as well ask.

---

BTW thanks for all your help and moral support so far. If anyone is looking to do something similar I'd gladly share my very rough copy-paste and pulled-out-of-a-magicians-hat kind of nodejs scripts. I'm basically hosting a .html page with a form that triggers a http-request to an external API containing race statistics. The json reply is then parsed and converted to xml, written to a file and shared from there.

Once again, thanks alot in advance and have a nice day!