logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kbrnhart  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:29:20 AM(UTC)
kbrnhart

Groups: Registered
United States

Using the following computer:

MSI Stealth Pro GS73VR 7RF Intel i7-7700HQ 16GB 2TB 256GB SSD 17.3"

Screen size 17.3in
Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080
Touchscreen Non Touch
Processor Model Intel Core i7
Processor Number I7-7700HQ
Clock Speed 2.8GHz
RAM Memory 16GB
Memory type DDR4 SDRAM
Hard drive capacity 1TB SSD
SSD Capacity 256GB
Graphic Type Dedicated
Graphics Manufacturer NVIDIA
Graphics card GeForce GTX 1060
Graphics Memory 6GB
Optical Drive No optical drive
Operating System Windows 10 Pro

With both vMix 21.0 latest and the latest 22.0 Beta, pushing a YouTube stream at 1080p60, the render times keep fluctuating from 4 to 5 ms then spiking to 19ms for a second then back to 4 to 5ms. In troubleshooting, I have a MP4 video playing only, not streaming and I am still seeing render times hold at 4 to 5 then jump to 15, 20,22 and then back to 4 to 5. The program is using the NVIDIA card, with GPU Memory at 5% and CPU vmix at 6% with a total at 10%. In the Dragon Center, I have the Turbo setting checked, which makes the GPU core run at 1404Mhz and the memory clock at 1401MHZ. In vMix, I have tried all sorts of performance changes, and the one that helped keeping it from spiking as high was to make the display method to smooth. I have tried with and without Optimus compatibility, high input performance, and any other settings I can think of. The last game we tried to broadcast, towards the end of the game, the video was very jerky, audio cutting out, and the render times was jumping up to 60ms or more.

Is there a setting I have missed? This laptop I believe should be more than capable of doing what we are trying with only one video input. And is the variable render times a big deal as long as it can stay under 20 or so?
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:07:27 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
We've had similar problems.

First thing, check Nvidia settings is set to Maximum performance (se picture). For Global (as well as for vMix64.exe if you have a profile for it.

If that does not help, try experimenting with vMix Settings/Performance/Advanced and the FlipEx settings for Fullscreen and Preview (try all combos on/off).

Also might be something with the Refresh rate for your Windows displays (Normally all should be 60, but we have found it sometimes better if the refresh rates are set to match vMix production setting, ie 50p or 60p)
nvidia maxper.PNG (23kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
kbrnhart  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:20:48 AM(UTC)
kbrnhart

United States

Nvidia is set to Maximum performance for both Global and for the vMix64.exe. For this laptop I can only see the refresh rate of 120HZ, no other option. The display driver says it is a Generic display adapter but MSI does not show a different one. Not sure if there is a different way to change the refresh rate to 60Hz.

When I get back to the computer, I will have to try the FlipEX settings.
kbrnhart  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:23:36 AM(UTC)
kbrnhart

United States

Screen Recording.mov (3,422kb) downloaded 12 time(s).

I unchecked both the FlipEx settings and didn't seem to make much of a difference. I then downloaded ToastyX CRU utility and changed the display to 60Hz. The render times dropped to 2 and 3ms but the longer I have been running the video the more the render times seem to get longer and more inconsistent. It is 4ms jumping up to 16ms. When it is on 4 it is only there for a second or so then climbs to 6, back to 4, then up to 16, back to 4, etc. All drivers are up to date. Not sure where to head from here. I had an older ASUS ROG G750JS-RS71 laptop that we used for testing and was running into the same issue so we decided to upgrade to this MSI laptop and thought it would take care of the issue.

Enclosed is a video of the render times.