logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aircooled76@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 12:37:14 AM(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 32
Man
Australia
Location: Could be Australia could be Sweden!

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Guys,

I am looking to build some custom software to control vMix. I was wondering what the best language would be to make the program? I have been using "livecode" but it is not very efficient and is having some performance problems. So I am rebuilding!

I am considering python as it works with my hardware controller. Any suggestions welcome!

Also I read somewhere that you can send commands to vMix naively based on a .dll or the .exe? I can't seem to find where I read it.

I am also interested in reading / editing the replay.xaml document in real time. But I can only find a brief mention of this in the forum with no further info.

Any guidance appreciated!
stevespaw  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:21:55 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/12/2015(UTC)
Posts: 337
Man
Location: Kansas City, MO USA

Thanks: 69 times
Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: aircooled76@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post
Hi Guys,

I am looking to build some custom software to control vMix. I was wondering what the best language would be to make the program? I have been using "livecode" but it is not very efficient and is having some performance problems. So I am rebuilding!

I am considering python as it works with my hardware controller. Any suggestions welcome!

Also I read somewhere that you can send commands to vMix naively based on a .dll or the .exe? I can't seem to find where I read it.

I am also interested in reading / editing the replay.xaml document in real time. But I can only find a brief mention of this in the forum with no further info.

Any guidance appreciated!


I find Ross Dashboard very powerful (javascript), but are looking to build a redistributable stand alone app?

Steve,
PS I even use it control CasparCG.

aircooled76@gmail.com  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 3:15:43 AM(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 32
Man
Australia
Location: Could be Australia could be Sweden!

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for the tip I will have a look at that (I have a big soft spot for CasparCG too!)

I would like something I can redistribute in the long run.
desmar  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 4:19:02 AM(UTC)
desmar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2015(UTC)
Posts: 264
Man
Canada
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Thanks: 13 times
Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 48 post(s)
I use c# in Visual Studio 2019.

Lot's of code in the github for vMix coding..

Elgarf's vMix UTC (Universal Title Controller) has some source code to get you started..

Originally Posted by: aircooled76@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the tip I will have a look at that (I have a big soft spot for CasparCG too!)

I would like something I can redistribute in the long run.
thanks 1 user thanked desmar for this useful post.
azanisarri on 2/9/2019(UTC)
stevespaw  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 4:40:57 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/12/2015(UTC)
Posts: 337
Man
Location: Kansas City, MO USA

Thanks: 69 times
Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: aircooled76@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the tip I will have a look at that (I have a big soft spot for CasparCG too!)

I would like something I can redistribute in the long run.


I believe I have one of your CCG livecode examples. I too became a fan, but some things became too complicated for my projects.

Let me know if you need a Dashboard sample project.

Steve

spino  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:58:42 PM(UTC)
spino

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/20/2016(UTC)
Posts: 94

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I built a controller using Arduino and it works very well.
aircooled76@gmail.com  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 12:50:24 AM(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 32
Man
Australia
Location: Could be Australia could be Sweden!

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: desmar Go to Quoted Post
I use c# in Visual Studio 2019.

Lot's of code in the github for vMix coding..

Elgarf's vMix UTC (Universal Title Controller) has some source code to get you started..

Originally Posted by: aircooled76@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the tip I will have a look at that (I have a big soft spot for CasparCG too!)

I would like something I can redistribute in the long run.


Thanks Desmar, this may be the ticket. Would be great to have some code examples to work off. Thanks for the tip!
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.