logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sigi  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 8:36:57 AM(UTC)
Sigi

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/18/2019(UTC)
Posts: 4
Germany
Location: Weichering

Hello everybody,
Who knows and can help me?

I have a test field with a graphic deposited. The graphic should only be displayed as long as text is available. If the text field is empty, the graphic must not be visible.
Have already tried a lot on Animation> DataChangeIn in this direction.
Thanks in advance
Ash  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 9:52:25 AM(UTC)
Ash

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/19/2013(UTC)
Posts: 118
Location: Hobart Tasmania Australia

Thanks: 13 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yes I would like to know if this is possible also. Does GT support triggers?

Ash
ask  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 2:28:36 PM(UTC)
ask

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/13/2012(UTC)
Posts: 873
Australia
Location: Melbourne

Thanks: 136 times
Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ash Go to Quoted Post
Yes I would like to know if this is possible also. Does GT support triggers?

Ash


Ash, it appears to, though I am finding some triggers that work with older titles don't seem to work with new animated titles. So, the OnOverlayIn and onOverlayOut seem to work fine , but not OnCompletion.

rinaldo  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 9:01:36 AM(UTC)
rinaldo

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/29/2016(UTC)
Posts: 58
Man
Location: Italy

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sigi Go to Quoted Post
Hello everybody,
Who knows and can help me?

I have a test field with a graphic deposited. The graphic should only be displayed as long as text is available. If the text field is empty, the graphic must not be visible.
Have already tried a lot on Animation> DataChangeIn in this direction.
Thanks in advance


PP on icehockey?
chrisis  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:53:13 PM(UTC)
chrisis

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/24/2018(UTC)
Posts: 29
Location: Christchurch

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If you haven't already solved this there is a workaround using an Excel datasource. Have the image field display a 100% transparent image if there is no text, and the image you want to display if the text cell is not empty. Controlling whether the image displayed is your transparent placeholder or the actual image is controlled with a simple IF formula.

Cell A1: [Input Cell]
Cell B1: =if(A1="","D:\images\transparent.png","D:\images\DisplayImage.png")

Obviously change image names to the full path and name of your own files.

Configure your title to read from the excel datasource and you're golden.
chrisis  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:27:25 PM(UTC)
chrisis

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/24/2018(UTC)
Posts: 29
Location: Christchurch

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chrisis Go to Quoted Post
If you haven't already solved this there is a workaround using an Excel datasource. Have the image field display a 100% transparent image if there is no text, and the image you want to display if the text cell is not empty. Controlling whether the image displayed is your transparent placeholder or the actual image is controlled with a simple IF formula.

Cell A1: [Input Cell]
Cell B1: =if(A1="","D:\images\transparent.png","D:\images\DisplayImage.png")

Obviously change image names to the full path and name of your own files.

Configure your title to read from the excel datasource and you're golden.
\

Just realised if you're doing this from an excel datasource your first row would be field headers so change references in the above example to A2 and B2 :)

thanks 1 user thanked chrisis for this useful post.
rowby on 2/6/2019(UTC)
gre2gor  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 2:46:53 AM(UTC)
gre2gor

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/14/2018(UTC)
Posts: 8
Slovenia

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If GT Designer would support not DataChange, but Data (true/false) animation, a lot of things could be possible.

Here is my example:


grega
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.