logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wogchurch  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 3:12:14 AM(UTC)
wogchurch

Groups: Registered
United States

Vmix started with the audio seizing and then that went away after a while. Then vMix entirely freezes for about 5 secs at the different intervals.

This is a well spec'd system
ROG Z370a mATX
16GB RAM
1TB - M2. NVMe.SAMSUNG 970 EVO
i7 8th Gen

vMix 4K Version

What could be the problem. This happened 15 times in 1.5 hour event.

Any ideas?

prass  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 6:33:14 AM(UTC)
prass

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Do you have rtmp/rtsp streams on inputs? If they drop vMix frieezie.
wogchurch  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 9:31:04 AM(UTC)
wogchurch

United States

We stream to YouTube. This has been working well for a number of weeks. Then today it started with the output audio seizing and it started to all together freeze.

Except you are suggesting a network problem during the streaming to YouTube makes vMix to freeze?

The other thought I have, perhaps a recent windows update may have occurred and made vMix unstable. I need thoughts on possibility of the fault because I have 6 days to figure this our before another Sunday Live Service.
wogchurch  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 9:34:44 AM(UTC)
wogchurch

United States

I am using 3 NDI Inputs - 2 x NewTek SPARC Connect/HDMI, and ProPresenter 6 - Recording directly to VMix M2.Nvme drive. I noticed also from the task manager that memory usage was 98%. CPU was very low 16% I think.
ask  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 2:36:53 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Log a support ticket with vMix through the vMix website and include a support log from when you experience a freeze. (Generated on the Settings/About page.) Use the vMix diagnostics tool (Hamburger menu) to see if it sees anything on your PC impacting. Use Task Manager to identify What programs/Services/Processes are using all of your CPU/Memory. Disable/remove these as appropriate. Ensure that Win10 updates have been run and completed. Often a queued update causes CPU/memory and other issues. Is Pro Presenter on the same PC? If so, run it on another and bring it in via NDI.
niemi  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 8:16:22 AM(UTC)
niemi

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: prass Go to Quoted Post

Can you reproduce this? If so, RTMP/RTSP inputs should be disabled right away in a version update until it is resolved completely.
sinc747  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:10:38 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wogchurch Go to Quoted Post
This is a well spec'd system
ROG Z370a mATX
16GB RAM
i7 8th Gen

Video card?

wogchurch  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:43:11 AM(UTC)
wogchurch

United States

Gigabyte GTX 1060 WFOC 6GB G5 2DHDP
wogchurch  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:49:16 AM(UTC)
wogchurch

United States

Originally Posted by: ask Go to Quoted Post
Log a support ticket with vMix through the vMix website and include a support log from when you experience a freeze. (Generated on the Settings/About page.) Use the vMix diagnostics tool (Hamburger menu) to see if it sees anything on your PC impacting. Use Task Manager to identify What programs/Services/Processes are using all of your CPU/Memory. Disable/remove these as appropriate. Ensure that Win10 updates have been run and completed. Often a queued update causes CPU/memory and other issues. Is Pro Presenter on the same PC? If so, run it on another and bring it in via NDI.

I will review this again - ProPresenter is on a separate PC. I will other suggestions and revert.

wogchurch  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 5:43:48 PM(UTC)
wogchurch

United States

I still experienced the same memory leak situation. vMix maxed out the PC memory. Disabled input not needed one at a time but did not resolve it. What worked mid-event was starting a fresh setting Preset for vMix. of course meaning we stopped everything :(

Update: VMix still freezes irrespective of the Input that is on.

I just restaged vMix Windows Pro 10 PC and installed the 21.0.0.59 version which worked for a few weeks. I will test again tomorrow to see if this version freezes. Could the Graphic Card to blame?

ROG Z370a mATX
16GB RAM
i7 8th Gen
vMix 4K Version
Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB RAM
prass  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:03:34 AM(UTC)
prass

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: niemi Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: prass Go to Quoted Post

Can you reproduce this? If so, RTMP/RTSP inputs should be disabled right away in a version update until it is resolved completely.

Sorry for bad explanation :(. I just show you

In this case there is no stream, but if this input is running and internet connection (for example: remote web cam), have bad internet and lose packets over network, vMix will freeze randomly with lost packets.
ask  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 11:33:17 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
OK. That is not vMix freezing. The error message is telling you that it is not connecting to your rtsp input in a timely fashion and vMix is trying to negotiate the connection. The target device might be actively refusing the connection. It is quite possible that your connection string is wrong. Have you tried to connect to the source without username and password in the string? Have you tried the RTSP over UDP option. What is the source you are trying to connect to? Do other RSTP sources work? Have you confirmed that you can connect to the device using other tools i.e.VLC?

wogchurch  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:43:12 PM(UTC)
wogchurch

United States

Originally Posted by: wogchurch Go to Quoted Post
I still experienced the same memory leak situation. vMix maxed out the PC memory. Disabled input not needed one at a time but did not resolve it. What worked mid-event was starting a fresh setting Preset for vMix. of course meaning we stopped everything :(

Update: VMix still freezes irrespective of the Input that is on.

I just restaged vMix Windows Pro 10 PC and installed the 21.0.0.59 version which worked for a few weeks. I will test again tomorrow to see if this version freezes. Could the Graphic Card to blame?

ROG Z370a mATX
16GB RAM
i7 8th Gen
vMix 4K Version
Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB RAM

I did some tests last night and it appears the system is stable after installing the 21.0.0.59 version of vMix. I will test some more today. We were always installing vMix updates as they become available. Stay tuned.