logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jsafier  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 10:12:16 AM(UTC)
jsafier

Groups: Registered

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar setup as my potential one and could tell me how smoothly it went. I have a laptop with a 7700HQ, a Quadro M620, 2TB Sata SSD, and 16GB of DDR4 ram. I will have 4 1080P 60FPS SDI cameras going into a AJA IO 4K (thunderbolt 2 version) and a loop of a bunch of 720p videos that will run during intermissions. I'll also have a Title running that will do my scoreboard and instant replay off one of the cameras. All this will be going to a 1080p 30fps RTMP stream and a 1080p 60fps MP4 download. My question is will this work smoothly or is my laptop too weak to run that many cameras (the Quadro m620 is slightly less powerful than a GTX 750 and more powerful than a GTX 960M from what I've seen)?
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 12:10:10 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
What happened when you tried this setup with your laptop? CPU usage? GPU? Render Time?

If you've never tried it, my guess is you'll run into problems with an all-1080P, 4 1080P/60 camera inputs, using Instant Replay and making a MP4 1080P/60 recording.

Why not just try it and see what happens. Watch the CPU/GPU/Render Time (and any overload warnings) as you add all four cameras, then add the stream, the MP4 recording, videos, then lastly the Instant Replay. If the resource usage is too high, then cut back and see how much your laptop can handle leaving some overhead. You'll know to either scale down the project, look for a new rig or use a second computer and NDI to take up some of the load.