logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mediadisconnect  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 8:10:49 AM(UTC)
mediadisconnect

Groups: Registered
United States

My apologies if this has been asked before...I did search before I asked.

I have a need to stream a different input instead of just "Output".

We cover a lot of High School games but because of conference rules we are not allow to "broadcast" the video of the games live. We can "broadcast" the audio live but not the video.

So what I would like to do is record the Output and stream Input 3 (a multiview of a full screen image, an XAML with game score, and the audio of the announcers).

I know I can send Input 3 out via NDI and on a second computer stream that as Output but that requires a second computer.

I could also set Recorder 1 to record Input 3 and Recorder 2 to record Output but even with a GTX1060 and i7 my CPU maxes out to 100% when I have two FFMPEG recordings going at the same time.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 8:40:42 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ mediadisconnect

As you are most likely already aware, the Record/Stream/External Output of vMix is the primary output function, what ever is set there is what is recorded, streamed and sent to External Output. There are no alternative output streaming capabilities from a single instance of vMix, you would be best to use a second computer as you described.
Any secondary recordings need to be configured with the advanced features of vMix 4K or vMix Pro, which you have already indicated is too much for your PC to handle.
I would suggest instead to explore options of routing your vMix audio to an audio streaming application while you record your vMix production for later upload.

Ice
mediadisconnect  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 9:03:16 AM(UTC)
mediadisconnect

United States

@IceStream, hopefully the developers at VMix read this feature request and build the option of changing the Stream output in a later build of vMix22 or more than likely vMix23.
melody  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 7:35:20 AM(UTC)

Groups:

hi, 1+

this request sounds like a multicorder related feature, i realy like to see something like this working on vmix.

cheers

melody
ask  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 8:16:28 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
All possible atm by setting the Output as you describe above, then configure and Instant Replay session to a different output to capture the recording you want. Check out the Time Slip demo video on the vMix YT channel to see an example of this.
raugert  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 11:57:50 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
I had a similar situation this week where I used a hardware switcher for an iMag (projector screen) presentation, but I also wanted to stream the Output of the switcher back through vMix. At the same time, I used vMix for feeding playbacks (videos ,Powerpoints, slideshows, web pages, etc.) into the switcher. At first I took the wrong approach, but I discovered and tested the following method:

1. I set Output 1 in the "Outputs / NDI" settings to the the Input I want to stream (ie: In my case , the Output of the hardware switcher (in your case Input 3). NOTE: Output 1 of vMix is the primary and only "Output" that can actually stream. It is selectable, so whatever you route to this Output can be streamed, not only the vMIx main Output (which is the default).

2. Now I set the audio source for streaming to "Bus A" because the "Master" bus was used for the vMIx playbacks. This is where it gets a little tricky. You actually have to select the audio bus in the "Streaming" settings by clicking the cog wheel beside the "Quality" pulldown menu. Important NOTE: The audio choices available in the vMix "External Output" settings are strictly for the hardware outputs (from your I/O cards) and don't affect the "virtual" audio setting used for streaming, so these won't make a difference. I got caught on that at first.

3. Next, I sent vMIx Output 2 (SDI from Blackmagic Quad 2 card) with the audio set as "Master", to an input of the hardware switcher. (This is what I used for playbacks.)

4. I then took a return feed from the hardware switcher back into vMIx as an Input. (This is the input that I routed to vMIx Output 1 for streaming (as indicated in item 1)

* This method eliminates the need for an external streaming device and allows you to produce elements with vMix and stream an alternate signal at the same time...

Hope it makes sense...

Richard
Svdiesel  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 5:59:34 PM(UTC)
Svdiesel

Italy

Hi to you all, this is my first post in this forum and I apologise in advance if I do mistakes. .. I have a similar situation, I don't use vmix for streaming, having an external device, I wanna use it to do both replay and graphic overlay to feed to a bmd atem... But I can't find a way to have 2 different outputs from vmix via a decklink duo 2. Any of you guys have a clue? Thanks very much!
raugert  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 2:25:59 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Welcome to the forum. The Decklink Duo2 card is perfect for what you want. First you need to make sure that the card is properly configured using the Blackmagic Desktop Video setup. Because you will be keying titles, you need to have the Duo2 card configured to send Video with Alpha. For this, you must set the connector mapping of Decklink Duo (1) to (SDI 1 & SDI 2) and Decklink Duo (2) to (SDI 3 & SDI 4) This will give you 2 video outputs with alpha as indicated in the image below. Pay attention to the connector layout ! They are not in order. Just one of those Blackmagic things..

Decklink Duo2 connector mapping.jpg (68kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

Next you need to configure the vMix "External Outputs" settings. In the "External" tab set the device to Decklink Duo2 (1)1 and in the "External 2" tab set the device to Decklink Duo2 (2)2. Select Alpha Channel as "Premultiplied" when feeding Atem switchers. Also check "External Renderer" checkbox in each tab. This should now send the required Video with Alpha signals to your hardware switcher.

Now you need to select what you send to vMix Output 1 and Output 2. There are a few ways you can configure this. Here's a few examples.

1. Go to "Output / NDI" setting and select what you want to send to those Outputs. For example, Set Output 1 to "Output" and set Output 2 to "Preview". This way you can choose which source is sent to the Preview when clicking on the vMix Input windows title bar, or cut the Input to directly to program Output. It's a simple way to have switchable sources from vMix sent to your Atem switcher

2. if you want to send an Input directly to one of the Outputs, you can also choose it by clicking on the cog wheel next to the "External" tab. These can be hot switched without turning off "External" Note: This only applies to output 2,3,4. Output 1 cannot be switched there.

3 You can also use an external controller (xKeys etc.) or a 3rd party app like UTC or Panel Builder to directly set Outputs 1 and 2 as required. This is most practical if you change sources often.

Hope this helps...
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Svdiesel on 1/20/2019(UTC)
Svdiesel  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 9:47:34 AM(UTC)
Svdiesel

Italy

Oh thank you very much!! it's all clearer now, really! I have to pay more attention to the decklink setup, that's for sure! I had indeed lots of issues trying to figure out how connectors are mapped, because as you pointed out, thiey're in no order... I'll have a try asap and I'll report to you! thank you a lot!