logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rawland  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:37:26 PM(UTC)
rawland

Groups: Registered

Hi! I cant figure out how to do it, or if it is even possible, but I would like to play my replays with only the inpoint set. And then be able to mix/fade over to the next camera whenever I see fit.

Is this possible?

When i try to play a replay that has no outpoint, it wont play. And I cant figure out how to mix/fade over to the next camera angle whenever I want, even if the outpoint is set. It mixes automaticly when the replay is finished playing from the first selected camera. Am I supposed to make use of Replay B for this?

Are there any in-depth tutorials about using instant replay in a multi-camera production?

I have watched this one, but it doesnt give me any answers to my questions:

Also purchased Skaarhojs XC-8, but one thing that irritates me is that its vMIX configuration doesnt have a default way to edit the outpoints :P And i cant play multiple events from the controller, i need to use my mouse, wich i wanted to get away from. So if Kasper is reading: More buttons, a shift-key would be nice!
Calizo  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 10:49:31 AM(UTC)
Calizo

Namibia

I am with you on this- for me is kinda complicated- I think what they could do, is while a player is about to make that chance of scoring , but misses at the end, should set ,markers from point A (about to score point) and marker point B (missed). and if you replay, its easy to use those two markers (Points A & B).

But up to now. its hard to understand.
Radiotvpat1982  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:08:31 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
For me, since I run a couple other replay systems so feel VMIX is nice but is missing a few things.

Unlike say a 3 Play, you dont have the option to set an in point and do "unlimited pad" and have it just keep on playing.

That being said, there is a possible workaround. You could use the video delay option and do this but only from one angle.

Another similar issue is that at the end of a replay the system looks to auto trans out to something. I understand why if you are using this system as both a switcher and replay. If you are only using this as replay, I would prefer a freeze frame once the replay finishes. I wish there was an option for that.

One other thought. There are a lot more options you can manually create if you choose to create your own shortcuts. You have a bit more freedom to have the machine do what you want at that point.
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 11:04:02 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Am I missing something here?
By default, Replay clips or "Events" require an In and Out point.
Typically, the outpoint is selected first and the In point is established according to your set-up (i.e. -5, -10 or whatever you set it to be).
However, the In/Out playback is only engaged if you use the "Play Events" button.
If you are not in LIVE mode and simply hit the "Play" button, you can easily click any Event in your list and it will start at the In point of that Event but will just continue playing along the timeline past the Out point, much like the "Time Slip" Tim describes in this video:

In my case though with Hockey, what I find is that I prefer to end the clip early instead of going all the way to the out point (which is easily accomplished with a shortcut).
Essentially, I have a longer duration (-13 to -15 seconds to mark In point) but only play back about 9 or 10 seconds of the Replay Event. The scenario is something like this:
Goal Scored / Players celebrate (5 or 6 seconds) / Mark Event Out point / Play Event in slow motion / Goal replay / transition back to live (omitting player celebration).

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
ProSonas on 2/2/2019(UTC)
Barney Box Lane  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 12:08:39 AM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
overlay the replay on an input and when you cut to it (trigger - playlast/selected event) it will play through past the out point until you cut away from that input because it thinks it's being previewed and will just keep playing