logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vnanderson15  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 9:05:43 PM(UTC)
vnanderson15

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello, I am very new to this so please bear with me if I seem to be slow. I work for a church and we are just beginning to get into live streaming our services. We use streamingchurch.tv for our streaming but use Vmix 21 for capturing and editing. I am literally a week into learning both of these programs. I need some help please. We use an older, tape Sony camera for the services. I then use a dongle to capture the video and audio from the camera to the laptop, which is new. I have success in capturing the video and streaming it but there is no audio. I know it is embedded audio and my understanding is that the audio is received at the same time as the video. But there is no sound no matter what I do or what setting I put it on. I have tried everything I can from the tutorials and now I am coming to you. Please tell me what I am doing wrong so that I can get this streaming properly and people can hear it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
TuesdaysLive  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 10:02:59 PM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
What is the exact model of the "dongle" that is being used to bring the video and audio into vMix?

vnanderson15  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 10:04:51 PM(UTC)
vnanderson15

United States

Hello and thank you for responding. The dongle we are using is DigitNow! HD USB 3.0 Game Capture Model number: B0779ZJZX3 BR 139 US-S
zenvideo  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 12:40:27 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
If you try to add an "Audio Input" to vMix, what options do you see? Is there anything that looks like it might be the audio from the dongle? You might also take a look at the Windows "Sound Settings", to see what options you have there for "Input". If you don't see the dongle there as an audio input device, then it won't show up in vMix either.
DWAM  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 2:21:54 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
You did not mention which camcorder you're using.
First make sure you get audio from the cam by plugging it to a TV set.
vnanderson15  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 1:03:06 AM(UTC)
vnanderson15

United States

Thank you for the replies. Yes, I have checked the audio inputs and the dongle does come up for both video and audio. I have chosen it for both but only video comes through. As far as the model of camera, it is an older tape model, SONY HVR HD-1000. Also, I can hear the audio coming through the camera as I attempting to capture it to the computer. ONE time, I got the audio to work on VMIX but only once. Since then, nothing comes through and according to everything I have read, asked and been told, it is set right. I am beyond frustrated at this point. I really appreciate the help. Again, Thank you so much.
HienBui  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 7:44:40 AM(UTC)
HienBui

United States

Has this problem been solved? I am also new to vMix. My church has been using it since version 15. We have a basic HD license. The person that maintained the system has gone and I must get it to run again. The PC was down and I rebuild a new PC. I was able to get my camcorder Canon G3 to the Plugable Performance NIX 1080P 60FPS Capture Card with USB 3.0. I got the video fine, but the audio is just static. I saw the audio bar comes up and down, but my recorded video from vMix contained only static sound. What do I need to do to get the audio?
ask  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 11:30:34 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HienBui Go to Quoted Post
Has this problem been solved? I am also new to vMix. My church has been using it since version 15. We have a basic HD license. The person that maintained the system has gone and I must get it to run again. The PC was down and I rebuild a new PC. I was able to get my camcorder Canon G3 to the Plugable Performance NIX 1080P 60FPS Capture Card with USB 3.0. I got the video fine, but the audio is just static. I saw the audio bar comes up and down, but my recorded video from vMix contained only static sound. What do I need to do to get the audio?

OK. That device has not been tested as compatible with vMix. That is not to say it won't work. It has HDMI pass through. First step, connect a TV to it and check that video and sound are working. Next connect to your PC. Go to the WINDOWS Sound settings. Check that you see that card as an input option. Select and test it. If that works. Create an input in vMix and retest.