logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:30:05 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
If I add a Title (eg 0- The Classic Blue) as an Input and then activate it for Overlay 1 it appears using the overlay channel's effect (eg Fade) but does not animate. Deactivating it animates it out, and the Input's preview then stays black.

One (me) would assume that GT Titles would ignore the overlay channel's Effect and animate in when the Overlay is activated, animate out when deactivated, and finally Reset after that - thus again presenting a meaningful Preview. This would also be consistent with mouse click actions as well as the shortcuts for OverlayInputxIn and OverlayInputxOut. Or am I missing something?

I understand that the "Animations" TransitionIn and TransitionOut (e.g. found as GT Title Input right-click actions) can be used for the Shortcut TitleBeginAnimation in triggers to obtain what I need. But for basic/beginner's use I find that a little but cumbersome.

I understand we're in beta (22.0.0.38), just wanted to give/get some feedback.

Thanks.

admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 9:08:37 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Richard,

GT does actually work the way you expect, so not sure why you are seeing something different.
When turning on the Title in Overlay 1 it will transition in, when turning off it will transition out.
After the transition out is complete and it is no longer in Overlay, it will reset showing the preview again.

If you are not seeing this make sure you haven't disabled the Automatically Play/Pause options for all inputs.

Regards,

Martin
vmix
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:21:29 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Thank you Martin!

We had indeed disabled Automatically Play/Pause. Enabling Play as well as Restart did the trick :)
Might be worth highlighting that in the documentation, as I guess more users than I might be stuck.

thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
rowby on 1/11/2019(UTC)