logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mnortham  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:12:08 AM(UTC)
mnortham

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi All -

We're doing a 2-person interview show and I'm trying to set up (this week) a 3-camera setup. I have a Sony AX100 as the main camera which works very well for the wide shot. My challenge is finding 2 additional cameras for the close-up shots. I tried Logitech C922's, but when I zoom in, the quality of the picture goes way down, I assume because it's digital zoom. I'm somewhat limited as to how close I can get the close-up cameras to the subjects, hence the need to zoom. I'm guessing the answer may be 2 DSLR cameras or camcorders with HDMI out - I've got a Blackmagic Deck 2 Duo so I have the 2 additional SDI inputs (can get converter boxes as needed for HDMI to SDI).

So 2 big questions: 1- any suggestions on tripod-mounted cameras that are cost effective and would work for the close-up cameras (ie, that can zoom without a huge loss of resolution), and 2 - with my AX100, it looks great but if I move my arm too quickly, weird lines and boxes start to show up - it's fine as long as I don't move too quickly in the scene. I'm using a greenscreen, but the problem exists even if I do not have the key on - I'm guessing it's a bottleneck somewhere in the processing chain - any ideas?

Thanks very much!

Best,

Mark N.
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 10:06:52 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mnortham Go to Quoted Post
if I move my arm too quickly, weird lines and boxes start to show up - it's fine as long as I don't move too quickly in the scene.

Sounds like interlacing artifacts. Check this page in the Users Guide: https://www.vmix.com/hel...ndex.htm?Interlaced.html

- Tom

Joeboe  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 10:43:30 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I would switch the cameras....use the better camera for closeups, and the not so good camera for wide, or long shots....that's the way we do it....and it quality is hardly noticed.....except by those, like me who can notice and look for these things in videos....also, increase your lighting....and check your settings in vMix....also, if any of the cameras have image stabilizing, turn that off, and drop the shutter speed to 30, and yes, don't pan too quickly either....
Kelvin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:49:41 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Check the HDMI output settings on the AX100, as others have said, it sounds like interlacing artifacts. The AX100 can output progressive at 1080P or 720P.
sinc747  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 1:22:04 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
A couple of handheld camcorders mounted on tripods would do nicely. I've used the inexpensive Canon HF R800 type successfully in the past.

A different thought is to use a 4K camera and the "Regions of Interest" philosophy of taking one 4K camera and cropping it into multiple 1080p images.

- Tom
mnortham  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 9:49:25 PM(UTC)
mnortham

Australia

Hi All - thanks so much for the suggestions! I picked up 2 Canon HFR806 video cameras with Blackmagic HDMI to SDI converters to go into my Blackmagic Deck 2 Duo card, but for some reason the cameras are coming across with shifting rows of thin black lines. Camera set to 1080p output, blackmagic video config utility sees 1080p25 on the input, vMix configured to same, but still the shifting sets of thing black horizontal lines. Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

Mark Northam
ask  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 10:00:39 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mnortham Go to Quoted Post
Hi All - thanks so much for the suggestions! I picked up 2 Canon HFR806 video cameras with Blackmagic HDMI to SDI converters to go into my Blackmagic Deck 2 Duo card, but for some reason the cameras are coming across with shifting rows of thin black lines. Camera set to 1080p output, blackmagic video config utility sees 1080p25 on the input, vMix configured to same, but still the shifting sets of thing black horizontal lines. Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

Mark Northam

Mark, The Canons output 1080i50. You need to set the inputs for that in vMix. PM me if you want.