logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
timbrian  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 1:24:12 PM(UTC)
timbrian

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Inspired by DWAM's hidden title video I am trying to create my own.
I want to hide and reveal Title elements and trigger them with vMix UTC. API browser search is
returning information, however it's incomplete. I want to activate the "Special Text" field in example 2 to display
information throughout the fights. Ex 1 shows the API information, Ex 4 is the primary state of the title, Ex 2 shows
the secondary state of the title when the hidden fields are shown. Ex 3 shows the elements of the title I created.

Any ideas why all the title elements are not showing in the API info.

I appreciate your time and help.

Tim

ex3.JPG (69kb) downloaded 1 time(s). Ex1.JPG (147kb) downloaded 3 time(s). ex4.JPG (29kb) downloaded 6 time(s). ex2.JPG (240kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 8:22:36 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

first, thanks for your interest...

I feel like your "ex" images are not in the right order, making it difficult to see what you mean. However I think I understood you want to overlay the special text field at certain times instead of showing the players names, right ?

I have not played with UTC along with GT yet, or tried to take advantage of the new features it brings so my answer will still use the "old" logic for Title Designer:
you can for example have your players names be hidden by an overlay image (the exact same size) and a text field whose initial state would be empty
when you activate this image appearance, at the same time you set a text value for this text field
when you want to show players names again, you just set overlay image and special text to nothing

Another thing I can think of is the overlay order of your elements. Are you sure what you want on top is not in the background?

Maybe you could also make it with 2 independent titles, the second one coming on top the the first when you need...

Not sure that's what you're asking for. Please elaborate a little bit more

Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
timbrian on 2/19/2019(UTC)
timbrian  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:22:39 AM(UTC)
timbrian

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Guillaume

I did as you suggested and made multiple titles with varying elements. It works perfectly.

Thank You

Tim