logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jim_C  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 8:29:16 AM(UTC)
Jim_C

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Love vMix , but really dislike the record name setup.

Please add a small requester box next to Record button where we can manually add a name of the file before hitting record. If we have chop at X time set, adding -1, -2 or date-time after the file name would be fine.

Thank you for everything.
TFMG  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:03:18 AM(UTC)
TFMG

Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Jim_C - If you click on the cog next to the record button, you can set a filename there, as well as select your recording format and bitrate.
vMix adds the date and time to the end of any recording that shares the same name as any existing ones.
Jim_C  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 12:20:44 PM(UTC)
Jim_C

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hello,

Yes, thank you for the reply. I am aware you can set a name on a completely different screen accessed by extra clicks and actions. Beyond extra clicks and mouse movement, the filename requester that is on the recording setup screen is not very conducive to speed entries due to having to have the complete file path. All of this adds up to wasted time.

We, like I'm sure like many people, are recording during live events and stopping/starting recordings as fast as possible. Sometimes we have just a couple of seconds to get a recording stopped, renamed and restarted. As pedantic as it may sound, having that requester right next to the the start/stop would greatly speed up our workflow and lower the risk of missing content.

click record <stops> / click in requester - put name in requester (in our case a 3 digit number) / click record <starts>

That is my request. Thank you.
spencerm24  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 6:36:49 AM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I don't know if this is the same thing, but i've been trying to figure out how to not have the date and time appended to each file name. If I delete that in the settings, it says "invalid format" so it seems mandatory.