logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JohnnyFlash  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:23:02 AM(UTC)
JohnnyFlash

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Everyone,

We do a show where we play different board games live. So far it has generally been just one board game a night, but the boss has asked to be able to switch games.

Unfortunately, I've been building each game into its own preset to keep the total number of assets loaded to a minimum. So when we take a break to switch the game we have to stop the stream. I would prefer to not have to do this.

Of course I know I could use a second PC as the streaming PC and just switch to an intermission there, but I'm hoping there might be an option to avoid that.

Any ideas?
ask  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 11:59:10 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JohnnyFlash Go to Quoted Post
Hey Everyone,

We do a show where we play different board games live. So far it has generally been just one board game a night, but the boss has asked to be able to switch games.

Unfortunately, I've been building each game into its own preset to keep the total number of assets loaded to a minimum. So when we take a break to switch the game we have to stop the stream. I would prefer to not have to do this.

Of course I know I could use a second PC as the streaming PC and just switch to an intermission there, but I'm hoping there might be an option to avoid that.

Any ideas?

Your idea is the correct way to go...use another device to keep the stream live! Perhaps a second vMix PC, which will then allow you to display a Please Wait graphic.
Jim_C  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 12:28:59 PM(UTC)
Jim_C

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Use OBS as the streaming engine behind vMix on the same machine. When it's time to switch, throw up a graphic or run a video in OBS then switch back to vMix as the OBS input once it's loaded and ready.