logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rboss  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 12:25:48 PM(UTC)
rboss

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello....I'm new here and to vMix and NDI. I want to use several phone cameras via NDI into vMix on my laptop. When I use my phone with vMix on my desktop it works fine. When I use it with my laptop (not as good) its like the video pauses every 5 seconds or so. Is that just because my laptop may not be good enough or is there a setting I can tweak to correct it?

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Ryan
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 5:09:12 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Considering you gave us absolutely no information about your computers and network specs, how could we tell ? It's not a guess game !

However I'm prone to think it's more likely a network/wifi issue

This subject was discussed many times before in this forum. Please take time to read previous posts regarding the use of NDI from phones. All requirements and advices have been given already.

Guillaume
kane  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 11:27:10 AM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
NDI is designed to run on wired networks. While WiFi is not impossible, it requires good WiFi infrastructure.

Also, if your laptop is connected via WiFi along with the phone are you will make doubly worse for NDI performance. Make sure everything to wire everything possible. While you can run multiple phones, the more phone you have the more WiFi spectrum used up and the worse the performance will be. Some phones can get a wired Ethernet adapter, which would be a better way to go.

If you really want wireless NDI, a better option it to look at the NewTek Spark HDMI and Spark SDI products. They use a compression method better suited for this kind of workflow.

Kane Peterson
NewTek