logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EDTVideo  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 11:01:02 PM(UTC)
EDTVideo

Groups: Registered
United States

My company just built a "super computer" for Podcasting. Contains 2 Titan X cards, integrated ASUS MB Audio as well as additional SoundBlaster XAE5 sound card. In addition to the ProFX12, we have a Mackie HM-400 headphone amplifier.

We have four (4) Heil microphones running to the ProFX. Currently, we have the "Phones" output from the ProFX running into the input of the HM-400. This only gives us mics in the headphones, but ideally we would want additional program audio. Using the USB from the ProFX isolates it to a single Audio Input in vMix.

When configured via USB, it appears that changing the "Master Out" sliders has little to no effect. The LEDs never move off the bottom, but the audio meters in vMix seem to indicate the proper audio.

I need some serious help in getting this thing configured properly. Ideally this is what I am trying to achieve:
Four Heil mics feed into ProFX12
HM-400 headphone amplifier feeds 4 sets of headphones. Feed to this should be customizable (mics/program audio/vCall audio, etc).

Do I need to have the headphone amp fed from the computer audio out instead of the ProFX12? It's all a little confusing. If anyone has successfully configured the ProFX 12 I would love to know how to do it the "right" way. I'd hate to tell my boss he needs to switch to something like the Blue Yeti USB mic instead.

Thank you in advance for any information you may be able to provide.

Erik Doepke
MR Systems
Atlanta, GA
Joeboe  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 1:34:52 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I do not know if I understand you correctly, but go to "Settings"...Audio Output", and select the correct output device for the main output....think that is what it is.....do not have vMix open now, but give that a try....maybe you have that set to default
SportsNetUSA.net  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 4:11:44 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
What purpose does the Sound Blaster card serve since the Maxie provides playback/record of computer audio via USB? There's also the built-in audio on the motherboard.

The Maxie has USB audio in/out so you should be able to do what you need to do. Page 7 of the manual explains how the USB audio functions.

The main thing is understanding your audio signal flow. Other than the mics, and computer audio are there any other sources that will be inputs on the Maxie?

If you wanted to control only individual microphones inside of vMix and no other non computer audio inputs, then you should have considered buying a UMC404HD, Tascam US16X08 or the equivalent from Focusrite.