logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike ShowTV  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:12:04 PM(UTC)
Mike ShowTV

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

This is the 2nd time we have tried to setup VMIX social to use on a fb live stream. The first time we could get VMIX Social to populate a list of posts and now we cant.. I will mentioned we actually did not complete our first attempt but it seemed to work/connect. We are now about to do the live stream and when we go to setup VMIX Social for a test we can not get it to conect to FB it appears.. It seems very glitchy. We go through step one of logging into FB but then on step two "Find post" the bar beneath turns a darker grey but has no list of previous posts populated underneath. Also when trying to search via URL we just get error messages regarding access.. the FB icon with the on button never goes green so it appears VMIX Social is not logging into our FB properly.. Can anyone point us in the right direction to get this rectified asap.. Thanks
admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:34:24 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

What page name did you type into the vMix Social Facebook settings?
Due to FB security restrictions, the login used must have admin access to this particular page.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Mike ShowTV  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:45:57 PM(UTC)
Mike ShowTV

New Zealand

The name or the text i am pasting when asked for page name i www.facebook.com/showtv.co.nz That page i am a admin of, i am also admin of two other pages linked to the FB account i am logged into one i am also owner and admin www.facebook.com/Craft.Media.Group.NZ None of these seem to populate the posts of. The bar changes color as if there is a list but when i click it it pops down one blank box with no post to select and the FB icon stays red not green.. i seem to get a error about not having admin privileges and other errors when trying to past/search using a public FB url as well. It appears to me that VMIX Social is not logging into FB properly. Do i need to have a specific web browser logged into FB at the same time ? i have firefox chrome and edge all on this computer
Mike ShowTV  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:48:07 PM(UTC)
Mike ShowTV

New Zealand

Also should i expect the FB icon in VMIX social to turn green before selecting a post but after logging in to FB via step 1 ?.. if so this is not working
rpavanello  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 3:58:21 AM(UTC)
rpavanello

I am also not able to login to Facebook through Vmix Social, any help?
ryanhowerton  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 6:12:21 AM(UTC)
ryanhowerton

United States

vMix Social 4.0.0.16 will not log into Facebook. It keeps showing up as trying to log in, but never completes. I even removed the 2 factor authentication from my FB account and it still would not log in. No error message is kicked back through vMix Social, it just does not login.
ask  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 9:24:39 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ryanhowerton Go to Quoted Post
vMix Social 4.0.0.16 will not log into Facebook. It keeps showing up as trying to log in, but never completes. I even removed the 2 factor authentication from my FB account and it still would not log in. No error message is kicked back through vMix Social, it just does not login.

Have just tested and it works fine. Try reseting your password on FB then try again.

goaliebob99  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 6:44:20 AM(UTC)
goaliebob99

United States

Same here. It wont find any of my pages or nothing. I also get an error unsupported get request, Please read the graph API documentation at (Facebook URL)when trying to manually enter in the URL of the page. This is an issue with vMix Social.
goaliebob99  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 6:46:49 AM(UTC)
goaliebob99

United States

Originally Posted by: ask Go to Quoted Post

Have just tested and it works fine. Try reseting your password on FB then try again.

Not here at all. Even clicking keep me logged in doesn't work. It just goes back to the facebook setting as if it's not logged in. If you try to turn on the facebook output it says facebook has not been configured. Source: Facebook.Connect Even though I have entered in my credentials like 50 times.
pabenic12  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 9:23:37 AM(UTC)
pabenic12

I reported this bug months ago and still a problem.
DWAM  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 5:58:17 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)