logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

64 Pages«<2930313233>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Siroki  
#601 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:00:33 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Groups: Registered
Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I have one situation that I would like to know is it possible:
I have PC with vMix and UTC, decklink card 2 duo (for Fill and Key), and prepared vMix template for some sport with XAML titles.
Now I prepare everything in UTC, timer, list widget for players, cards, referee, intro graphics etc

My idea was to make some desktop app on laptop that would do a stats and export numbers in .txt or xml on laptops desktop.

I know that UTC has DataSource option so my questions are:
1. Is that option only for XML files?
2. If I connect laptop via internet cabel to my PC with UTC am I able to get XML file stats from the laptop to UTC on the PC?

Im her thinking to do everything with vMix and UTC or to go on casparCG because it is a professional job in option for graphics operator. I prefer vMix and UTC and I hope it can done the job. If someone did it help would be great.
Thank you
DWAM  
#602 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:35:54 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
1 . Yes . However vMix supports other formats for datasources
2 . Yes
raf232  
#603 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:00:17 AM(UTC)
raf232

Spain

I don't know how to configure a MIDI controller.
Can someone explain me a little how does it works? I mean "execution link" "link" "ExecLink"

I only want to click on my midi nanokontrol and that automatically execute a button on UTC. How can i do that?
Thanks!
elgarf  
#604 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:45:34 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raf232 Go to Quoted Post

I only want to click on my midi nanokontrol and that automatically execute a button on UTC. How can i do that?
Thanks!

1) Check "Execute" checkbox in button hotkeys properties and set any name you want into "Link" field. This way you create "Execution Link", which you can execute from any place in UTC: in script of another button or in MIDI controller.
Step1.png (14kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
2) Open your MIDI device widget properties, select your MIDI controller from list below hotkeys panel (sorry, I forgot to label it =( )
Add MIDI mapping, write into "Execution Link" field name, which you setted into the first step.
Push "Learn" button, then press button on your MIDI controller.
Step2.png (16kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

Now your MIDI controller buttons can execute buttons into UTC.

BTW, there can be some things, that I not tested a lot. So, if your MIDI controller doesn't work try save UTC controller and restart UTC.
elgarf  
#605 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:49:14 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: Snooker Loopy Go to Quoted Post
Also, any ideas as to why three laptops that I use insist on asking to register filters each time UTC is started but the fourth one doesn't?

Because on the fourth laptop filters already registered? UTC looks for NDI source direct show filters, it need them to use with NDI monitor.

mediadisconnect  
#606 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 3:49:12 AM(UTC)
mediadisconnect

United States

It is possible to take the values of two UTC fields and combine them to send to a text field in the XAML file?

Scenario. We record a lot of american football where we keep track of downs and yards.

I want to create one drop down for downs: 1ST, 2ND, 3RD, 4TH.
I want to create a text field for yards where the person enters 3, 10, 15, GOAL, INCHES, ETC.

I then want to create a button that reads those values and combines them into one string value: "1ST AND 10", "3RD AND GOAL", etc and submits that to the XAML text field.
Siroki  
#607 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 2:08:45 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Originally Posted by: mediadisconnect Go to Quoted Post
It is possible to take the values of two UTC fields and combine them to send to a text field in the XAML file?

Scenario. We record a lot of american football where we keep track of downs and yards.

I want to create one drop down for downs: 1ST, 2ND, 3RD, 4TH.
I want to create a text field for yards where the person enters 3, 10, 15, GOAL, INCHES, ETC.

I then want to create a button that reads those values and combines them into one string value: "1ST AND 10", "3RD AND GOAL", etc and submits that to the XAML text field.

Easy
1. Make a XAML with two different text fields. For example Downs and Other
2. Make in UTC dropdown list: 1st, 2n, 3rd, 4th
3. Maek textbox for: 3, 10, 15, GOAL etc

You dont need a button, just select in dropdown and enter in textfield and it will fill up yout title or whatever

Mapp 2. to first text field in XAML, and 3. to second field in XAML

This is how I wuld do that. If I didnt understand your question good or this wayis not good enough sorry, forget my answer.

Best regards
mudpatch  
#608 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 2:55:23 AM(UTC)
mudpatch

@elgarf

I'm running into an issue where the application becomes unresponsive after a while.
My use case is that I manually switch inputs on the weekends and then during the weekdays i have scheduled inputs and other functions and would like it to run as per the schedule without any user.

The application seems to become unresponsive after 1 or 2 days during the week where its left unattended.

I'm using Windows 10, updated to latest version and restarted a few times to ensure its not the PC.

Any ideas or is this application not meant to be used for long periods unattended?

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 8.39.51 AM.png (87kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
DWAM  
#609 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 3:37:56 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Check the log files. After a long run they become too big
mudpatch  
#610 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 4:21:49 AM(UTC)
mudpatch

Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
Check the log files. After a long run they become too big

Thank you - yes, logs are about 300MB per day. Let me turn logging off and see if that helps.
Siroki  
#611 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2018 6:45:30 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

This remaind me that I had similar issue when doing handball.
I was editing timer on 2 minutes (one of six) and UTC become Non responding state and restarts and then all my setup for timer was from the begining.

raf232  
#612 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 10:31:02 PM(UTC)
raf232

Spain

Originally Posted by: elgarf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: raf232 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks!

1) Check "Execute" checkbox in button hotkeys properties and set any name you want into "Link" field. This way you create "Execution Link", which you can execute from any place in UTC: in script of another button or in MIDI controller.
Step1.png (14kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
2) Open your MIDI device widget properties, select your MIDI controller from list below hotkeys panel (sorry, I forgot to label it =( )
Add MIDI mapping, write into "Execution Link" field name, which you setted into the first step.
Push "Learn" button, then press button on your MIDI controller.
Step2.png (16kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

Now your MIDI controller buttons can execute buttons into UTC.

BTW, there can be some things, that I not tested a lot. So, if your MIDI controller doesn't work try save UTC controller and restart UTC.

First of all, thank you very much elgarf for your response and for the work you do.
I have not been able to make what you say work, in the end I did it without a MIDI controller.
Here you can see the program we did live for eFootball.pro with several vmix for screens, graphics and replays.
We send videos to the screens with 3 UTC on a PC through the network.
Here the video of the show:
Siroki  
#613 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 10:59:59 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

@DWAM
maybe you know answer to my question. For Handball I was thinking to make UTC template for everything except main timer and 2minutes on one laptop, then UTC template for main timer and 2minutes special without anything else on second and third laptop for stats. Put all 3 laptops in local network and control vMix handball graphics on this way.

Can this work nice? To control two UTC templates/programs, one for lower thirds,score etc and second only for timers for one vMix project!?

Thx
DWAM  
#614 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 11:47:53 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

I have already tested such a workflow with several UTCs controlling different titles/actions in vMix. This works fine.
However I don't see why you would need this for handball template. Having main timer and penalties along with overlays controls is not a big deal... UTC can do it. If you prefer to have several people dedicated to specific tasks, I fully understand though...
Siroki  
#615 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:10:18 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
I have already tested such a workflow with several UTCs controlling different titles/actions in vMix. This works fine.
However I don't see why you would need this for handball template. Having main timer and penalties along with overlays controls is not a big deal... UTC can do it. If you prefer to have several people dedicated to specific tasks, I fully understand though...

Thank you
I already try and I cant get in time to show everything if I need to watch for timer and 2minutes. So my idea is one person for timers, second person is for overlays and all lower thirds, third to do stats over my app and Excel.

So it can work, great
Thx
Best regards

mudpatch  
#616 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 3:50:24 PM(UTC)
mudpatch

I have a clock widget setup as per below that i need to enable once or twice a month. Is there a easy way to enable/disable the entire widget? Right now I uncheck the days of the week to disable it.

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 9.44.26 PM.png (101kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
chococrispis35  
#617 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2018 2:30:05 AM(UTC)
chococrispis35

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
UTC, Vmix and Excell Baseball graphics, stats, lineups, defensives, and others things

Joeboe  
#618 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:03:45 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I have a question for the programmer of this program....it is a very useful and good working program....I like it, and use it a lot....My question is...'Can a GUI be created for this program, using what we now have as a drop down menu....I also look at the Panel Builder program, and a GUI similar would be great....After setting up UTC, it takes up a lot or space on the monitor screen...

What I am trying to say is: Let me say I created a setup for a 2 camera shoot, with overlays, a player...I have everything working, but the UI takes up a lot of space on my PC monitor....What I would like, is have a UI where I can create a single button, make it the size I want, and have it to trigger any of the inputs, and have another to trigger another and so on....when I want to edit any input, the original UTC window opens so I can edit, and when finished, it returns to just that single button I created for that particular input....In other words, a button to trigger each widget in UTC
elgarf  
#619 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 5:02:42 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Hi,

@mudpatch, I don't mind that UTC will be used such way, looks like I need investigate long time running UTC, when I got time. I'll look at Clock and Timer widgets.
Scheduler in UTC pretty simple, because it's mainly for eventually work.

@raf232, looks good =) I still need make some updates in MIDI part.

@Joeboe, actually buttons in UTC can do a lot of work in one click. For example, I have button that show timeout overlay, wait for 30sec and then show scoreboard. Do you need just arranged buttons, or want design changes? I thought UTC window is pretty compact.
Joeboe  
#620 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 8:59:29 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I know what UTC does very well, I use it a lot especially for sports, since when I update a players' list, it changes also in vMix....what I am asking, can a UI be developed to look similar to a traditional switcher, and when in edit mode, the now present UI is activated for editing only, and when finished (saved), or ok-ed, it returns to a traditional looking switcher UI....but I like the functionality of UTC...it works great