logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PaulV8  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 8:22:47 AM(UTC)
PaulV8

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have been using the trial version of vmix (ver 21) and will probably upgrade to the HD version if I can
resolve a problem. We are a small church and are live streaming portions of our service using OBS and
YouTube. We have a sound board that feeds the audio to our video camera. The camera sends the video
and audio via HDMI to the capture card in our desktop computer. The computer has ethernet output to the
internet for our live stream. The computer also has another HDMI output that sends the finished
livestream to another large screen monitor in an overflow room. The problem I cannot overcome is that
overflow room has video but no audio.

We have Windows 7-64 and I can go to the volume control in the taskbar tray and turn on the audio in the
overflow room, but there is no audio going to our main speakers. I can turn that off, and now I have
audio going to the speakers but no audio in the overflow room.

As I mentioned above, this is all using OBS. I would like to switch to vMix if I can get audio to both
places.
If I have some basic instructions for vMix on how to fix this, I will give it a try. BTW, I have not
attempted it using vMix yet, but I did look at it and am a bit confused on how to set it up.
rowby  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 10:34:36 AM(UTC)
rowby

Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hi Paulv8,

This probably won’t answer your issue. But it might be some inspiration. It’s a video just uploaded today by PTZOptics

Btw there is some distracting background music in the beginning but it clears up shortly.

Here’s another one.

Let’s hope others have specific suggestions to your question

Rowby
SportsNetUSA.net  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 2:53:08 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
What brand/model of audio mixer are you using?

What are the main outputs from the mixer directly feeding first?
ask  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 4:38:45 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
This will be done natively by vMix, but remember you also have to ensure that the windows audio is set to your HDMI device. The audio sent via the encoder to your CDN is independent.
zenvideo  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 5:46:37 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PaulV8 Go to Quoted Post
We have Windows 7-64 and I can go to the volume control in the taskbar tray and turn on the audio in the
overflow room, but there is no audio going to our main speakers. I can turn that off, and now I have
audio going to the speakers but no audio in the overflow room.

vMix has four "logical" audio outputs, each of which can feed a different Windows audio playback (ie. output) device. These vMix outputs include "Main" and "Headphones" plus the Aux 'A' and 'B' busses so, for example, you could set "Headphones" to your main (local?) speakers and "Main" to the HDMI output going to the overflow room. This is done within vMix rather than you having to change any Windows settings via the taskbar.

PaulV8  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 11:56:54 PM(UTC)
PaulV8

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We use an Allen&Heath Mix Wizard WZ4 16:2. It's an analog system and has 10 mics that are input into the sound board. All of these are output to speakers in the auditorium. One of the sound board outputs goes to our camera and it connects to the XLR inputs in the camera. The camera has an HDMI output that goes to the computer capture card. This capture card shows up in vMix. The computer has a video card that has the ability to send 3 simultaneous video signals out. 3 video signals out at the same time is unusual, but that is why we purchased this video card. We have one video output that goes to our main monitor that shows the computer desktop. The second video output goes to an HDMI monitor in the overflow room. The third output goes to VGA monitors that are mounted on the stage.
As I mentioned in my original post, I would like to do a few things:
1) See vMix program on our main desktop monitor.
2) Send program output to YouTube livestream.
3) Send program output to the HDMI monitor in the overflow room (video and audio)
4) Occasionally send program output to the VGA stage monitors (video only)

Of course, I am able to do #1 and #2, but have not tried #3 or #4, although I have watched some YouTube vMix tutorials and these last two are not apparent on how to accomplish this. Any assistance is appreciated.