logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joeboe  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 1:58:55 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi guys....I am up a creek with no rudder, or paddle....I can not get either of my Decklink cards (Blackmagic Decklink Duo / Duo2) to show up....neither will show up after software updates.....
This is what is happening....I installed and all was well...for some nasty reason, I did not use the PC for a few weeks, booted up, and only saw 1 input in vMix....went to the desktop setup, and got the error message, ' No Video device found'...something of that nature....I went to Device Manager, and they only 1 SDI device is shown there, and in vMix.....I tried everything I saw on line, with no luck....if I remove the card, install the software, they show up when I restart, but after a reboot, the same thing happens all over.....only 1 is shown, and I found the other when I checked 'Show Hidden Devices', but can not seem to get it to install....any help will do....I have a long job in a week, and need this to work....
jmpaoli  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:24:56 PM(UTC)
jmpaoli

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Try to update the motherboard firmware ;)
Joeboe  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 11:23:54 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

That is what I am scared to do....never done it before, so I don't wanna go fooling around and end up at the bottom of the creek.....I found out that if I remove the card and boot up, then shut down and replace the card, it works, so I will do that til after this gig I have....by then, if things crash, I will have enough money to get a new board.....but I am still trying to find a solution

Thanks
Vuurmannetje  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:13:24 AM(UTC)
Vuurmannetje

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Also make sure to check your motherboard manual to see if the PCIE slot shares lanes with Sata or M.2 devices.

Updating motherboard firmware is easy these days, and most even have a in-bios online updater.
tkachuk.alex  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:37:04 AM(UTC)
tkachuk.alex

Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
OK! Don't panic! I have same problem ) After updating BM software, you need to lauch descktop video app to update you devices. But if it don't update, check that BlackMagic Software Updater is enable at Windows Autostart. If no, enable it and restart your PC
Joeboe  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:02:35 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Did that, and checked again in Task Manager, but nothing worked....I remember it working earlier this year, and I updated the drivers, and it worked.....put the system down for a couple weeks, and now, it just not working......I only see one input in vMix, but the 'Desktop Video Setup' ... In Device Manager, I see only one instance, and when I open hidden items, I see the other input there, but can't get it enabled......
I also notice that the drivers only load in the 32 bit folder and not in the 64 bit,....and there is no way to tell it where to install.....I wonder if this could be the cause...
Joeboe  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:27:35 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: Vuurmannetje Go to Quoted Post
Also make sure to check your motherboard manual to see if the PCIE slot shares lanes with Sata or M.2 devices.

Updating motherboard firmware is easy these days, and most even have a in-bios online updater.

Yes it shares with SATA....will that be an issue
Vuurmannetje  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 9:58:11 AM(UTC)
Vuurmannetje

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Vuurmannetje Go to Quoted Post

Yes it shares with SATA....will that be an issue

Only if you actually have that specific sata port connected.
tkachuk.alex  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 7:32:30 PM(UTC)
tkachuk.alex

Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
After updating BM software, such as Desktop Video, after restarting the PC the hardware Updating windows is appear. And ask you to update your hardware. If no, check you setting autostart, firewall setting . BlackMagic Sofware Updater, DeskTop Video Updater must work, else you hardware don't update and don't work.
The best way to check it, reinstall old version of software, and check your hardware. If it work - you need to check what wrong with BM Updaters. If at old version also no hardware, so you need to check it on another PC
Joeboe  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:23:50 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

This is crazy....if I remove the card, boot up, then shut down, replace the card, it shows up and works as it should.....if I reboot with the card installed, only one side shows up in Device manager, vMix, and the other programs....I checked in Device Manager, it gives the driver, and when I check for hidden hardware, it is there, but needs to be installed....there has to be some software issue.....I updated my Bios, against advice from technicians, but that did not help...I went all the way back to early software, after a complete clean, registry and all instances that I found, and worked my way up to the latest, all with no luck, and even had to do complete clean, as if I do not clean each time, when I check hidden hardware, the hidden ones have the older software....so complete clean was necessary....I am stuck, and just think I will have to use another brand of card.....so many persons on line have the same issue, and none have given me any method that works......
Siroki  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:35:03 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I had same problem last 3 days. Spent a lot of time to deal with this. My solution was this:
- After installing Desktop video that I got from BM (10.11.2) it didnt work. No card detected. In device manager there is a card shown but with yellow !. I tried all versions before od desktop video. No luck.
-Then in drivers I deleted installed driver and check the checkbox Delete driver software (something like that)
-Delete Desktop video software.
-Update windows! !important
-Install drivers again that you get with card (SD card)
-WORKS!

This was my solution. You need to also check in what pciex slots you are putting card.

Best luck
Joeboe  
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:07:01 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

-Then in drivers I deleted installed driver and check the checkbox Delete driver software (something like that)
-Delete Desktop video software.
Quote:

I do not understand that....I uninstalled the drivers and wen through all the versions until I got to the newest, with no luck...do you mean uninstall, or do you mean drivers in the installed folder.....there is a folder there named 'Drivers'....
I even did multiple driver repairs with no luck....I remember it working well when I first installed it, but I can not remember if it happened after driver update, but it just only shows 1 instance in Device Manager, and it works, but the desktop video setup shows 'No Desktop Video Device Detected'
Siroki  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 8:12:58 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I do not understand that....I uninstalled the drivers and wen through all the versions until I got to the newest, with no luck...do you mean uninstall, or do you mean drivers in the installed folder.....there is a folder there named 'Drivers'....
I even did multiple driver repairs with no luck....I remember it working well when I first installed it, but I can not remember if it happened after driver update, but it just only shows 1 instance in Device Manager, and it works, but the desktop video setup shows 'No Desktop Video Device Detected'

I went to device manager and on driver click Uninstall but I had option with checkbox to delete drivers software also. I click that and delete and then card is not recognized.Shows only Multimedia video controller or something liek that. Than I delete desktop video, update Windows, install again desktop video and everythign worked.

If you installed desktop newest version then you can try install drivers manually. BM Desktop video will put in C://Program files
folder Black magic design, you have there folder Drivers. Go to device manager on BM card decklin duo and install drivers manually (go to install then Browse driver from your PC and then let me pick from a list,and then find the folder Drivers and try in that way)

I told you how I did it. It worked for me. I also had No video device detected problem.
If I can try help over Teamviewer or something like that just let me know-

Good luck
Joeboe  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 10:52:48 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I did everything exactly as you said, but nothing is working.....the same thing, only one instance if the card is showing in Device Manager, and still the same thing when I open the Desktop Video Setup....No Desktop Video Device Detected.....this is very frustrating.....I did everything others told me, even in the Blackmagic forums, yet no luck.....
Siroki  
#15 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 6:30:37 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I did everything exactly as you said, but nothing is working.....the same thing, only one instance if the card is showing in Device Manager, and still the same thing when I open the Desktop Video Setup....No Desktop Video Device Detected.....this is very frustrating.....I did everything others told me, even in the Blackmagic forums, yet no luck.....

What is your motherboard?
I did one more thing. My declink duo is in x16 slot. I have two and on one stays x16 only and on second stays x16 x4, I also switched to second slot and it worked. Try this also if you have more slots and maybe check your motherboard compatibility or BIOS settings.

Joeboe  
#16 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 7:46:06 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Tried all that, still no luck......I am on an old MB....Asus P6TD deluxe....but it worked before, and just stopped working....do not know if any updates I did knocked it out, plus, now I can not even update windows...I HATE Asus motherboards....NEVER had much luck with them, but this was a 'get-it-or -lose-the contract' buy...Had to get something up and running to meet a deadline, and this was the only board I could get in time to get going...

I used a new Hard drive and set up everything from scratch....same issue.....I NEVER want to hear anything about ASUS boards again...NEVER NEVER NEVER.