logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vtdriver  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 9:34:17 AM(UTC)
Vtdriver

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Martin,

Excellent program! Best one I've found for sure.
Just wondering if you could build in the next update a feature for being able to have live text for the bottom of the screen?
This would then have to have a database that you could edit anytime and have an unlimited amount of songs available.
Sort of like pro presenter ?

Thanks
Mark
thanks 1 user thanked Vtdriver for this useful post.
Adriankey4 on 9/3/2013(UTC)
TeODH4  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:59:00 AM(UTC)
TeODH4

Vtdriver wrote:
Hey Martin,

Excellent program! Best one I've found for sure.
Just wondering if you could build in the next update a feature for being able to have live text for the bottom of the screen?
This would then have to have a database that you could edit anytime and have an unlimited amount of songs available.
Sort of like pro presenter ?

Thanks
Mark

I think this would be helpful for our church as well. In the mean time however you could could just use another input from pro-presenter or even PowerPoint, and key out the background. That is what we do. Right now we have a dedicated video mixer that does it though.

If you need to be able to do it from the same machine. You can simply add the power point file as an input and then key out the background in the settings. But it is a bit of a pain to do the color key every time you open a new power-point.

So you've got a couple options there.

Martin,

I would like to see some form of solution for this. Maybe for example you could rework the titles a little bit to allow for a sequence of titles within a single input. Just like the PowerPoint presentations. With next and previous buttons. If we get even deeper into it i would like to be able to preview all of the titles easily before they are put on air too. Such as when you hit the preview button it pulls up an interface more like Power Point Presenter View. Because our worship team will sometimes sing an extra chorus, or start the song over from a second verse in,and it would be great to instantly be able to click right to the correct "slide". But the key here is being able to easily create new entries to save, and recall. If You can integrate this in I'd be happy to make some templates for it.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Hartmann

UserPostedImage
TeODH4  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:10:57 AM(UTC)
TeODH4

Mark,

Just had another idea for ya. You could also create the power point presentation only using the upper area of the slide. When you then import it into vMix you can go into the settings and move it down on the y-axxis to only show the top portion of the slideshow. Then simply use one of your Overlay slots to present it.

I Just tried it, and it worked just fine. You just have to set the position every time you add a new power-point.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Hartmann
thanks 1 user thanked TeODH4 for this useful post.
Adriankey4 on 8/17/2013(UTC)
Adriankey4  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:34:09 AM(UTC)
Adriankey4

Man

Mark and Wayne

That's a good idea for you.You could also create the power point presentation, making the background green and the texts at the bottom or putting a black background behind the text and having the green screen above. When you import it into vMix, you can go into "Add Input" section and import it into Power Point and then in the settings, you chroma key the presentation in Green and into overlay you can set it as to how you want it. Then simply use one of your Overlay slots to present it.

Vtdriver  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:00:06 PM(UTC)
Vtdriver

Hey

Thanks for the heads up! I will have to give this a go!

It sounds easy enough. Its now just converting all the Power point slides over with different backgrounds and moving the words, which will be the pain, But thanks for giving your ideas!

Mark
benebrady  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2013 3:17:20 AM(UTC)
benebrady

The best program I've found to do this sort of thing is called Easyslides. It's free, it's used in many churches around the world and one of the great things about it, (if you need this feature) is that it handles 2 different languages of text on the screen at one time. My wife and I used it in a multi-cultural church where we displayed lyrics in English and Spanish. http://www.easyslides.com Oh... did I mention it's FREE??? If you need more information, send me an email and I'll be glad to help you if I can. benebrady@gmail.com

Ben E. Brady
thanks 1 user thanked benebrady for this useful post.
Adriankey4 on 9/3/2013(UTC)
Adriankey4  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:32:45 PM(UTC)
Adriankey4

Man

And you can use EasyWorship in vMix by Desktop Capture and making the background in EasyWorship green and black like in the post i posted above. I'd used it at my church last week and it worked well.