logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
markusnygard  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 7:47:07 PM(UTC)
markusnygard

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is it possible to make shortcuts that would activate a PTZ-cameras saved preset.
The presets are saved in the camera so it should "just" be a command to be activated.
And yes I understand the problem with different camera-brands, but at least with Newtek Studio Mpnitor and PTZOptics there si the presets usable.
I use both PTZOptics- and Panasonic--cameras
Barney Box Lane  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 8:00:17 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
+1 just to 'call' presets would be awesome but would every camera have different apis
markusnygard  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 10:51:53 PM(UTC)
markusnygard

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think that when you make a shortcut "call preset 1" or "call preset 5" and then you choose which input it would react to.
The same way you choose any shortcut in the PTZ submeny.
But because there arent in the vMix Input settings the option to call presets just to move,zoom.. I think there is some technical difficulties.
But to my understanding the protocols are the thing that are determencs the comannds and that is the reason why you can use Sony remotes with PTZOptics cameras, because both are using the Sony protocol.
mjgraves  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:26:18 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
vMix 4K & pro already have PTZ control. That includes the ability to create virtual shots that include the source selection and PTZ position.

It relies upon storing the PTZ coordinates in the vMix shot.

Sadly, it does not work with the logitech USB PTZ cameras in my arsenal. I suspect it's designed for VISCA-based control.
Barney Box Lane  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:28:43 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Originally Posted by: mjgraves Go to Quoted Post
vMix 4K & pro already have PTZ control. That includes the ability to create virtual shots that include the source selection and PTZ position.

It relies upon storing the PTZ coordinates in the vMix shot.

Sadly, it does not work with the logitech USB PTZ cameras in my arsenal. I suspect it's designed for VISCA-based control.

I think that's exactly what I meant, does anyone know how to add the ptz position to the streamkey or are you talking about the virtual shots ability to call the vmix compatible ptzs
mjgraves  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:22:49 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Barney Box Lane Go to Quoted Post
I think that's exactly what I meant, does anyone know how to add the ptz position to the streamkey or are you talking about the virtual shots ability to call the vmix compatible ptzs

Each virtual shot for a PTZ camera can have its own PTZ coordinates.

When you select that shot for preview vMix selects the source and send the PTZ command to move the camera.

This is not so useful for tracking a moving object in a scene. It's intended to move to the desired shot before taking it to program.

Barney Box Lane  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:25:51 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Each virtual shot for a PTZ camera can have its own PTZ coordinates.

When you select that shot for preview vMix selects the source and send the PTZ command to move the camera.

This is not so useful for tracking a moving object in a scene. It's intended to move to the desired shot before taking it to program.

sweet that's perfect i just need to figure out how to dictate that in the stream key, and it let's me get 2/3 angles from a ptz, not worried about joystick style control.
mjgraves  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:06:40 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

sweet that's perfect i just need to figure out how to dictate that in the stream key, and it let's me get 2/3 angles from a ptz, not worried about joystick style control.

What do you mean by this? AFAIK, the PTZ control has nothing to do with the streaming.

The PTZ controls are related to a source.

Streaming is the output part of vMix.

Barney Box Lane  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 2:06:00 AM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

What do you mean by this? AFAIK, the PTZ control has nothing to do with the streaming.

The PTZ controls are related to a source.

Streaming is the output part of vMix.

I was referring to the stream key where you put @admin:password etc can you put the position you to call into that key (I think key is the wrong word but the bit you have to put in to contact the camera)
mjgraves  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 9:32:26 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

I was referring to the stream key where you put @admin:password etc can you put the position you to call into that key (I think key is the wrong word but the bit you have to put in to contact the camera)

It doesn't work that way at all. The connection string for the camera does not include any reference to PTZ preset or position. It's only how you connect to the camera in the case of an RTMP/RTSP stream.

Control of PTZ is a separate matter. There are various different mechanisms. See the PTZ menu for the source for options. They're basically different implementations of VISCA and USB PTZ.

On that PTZ menu you can "create input at this position" which adds a virtual input that includes the PTZ location.

mcollege  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 1:46:27 PM(UTC)
mcollege

We've just got a NewTek PTZ camera and I've found that the Virtual Inputs in vMix a bit hit and miss with a lot slower tracking compared to the internal presets particularly when Zooming.

It's workable but needs some planning to accommodate, sometimes the zoom zooms out slowly when in position.
wmsenna  
#12 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2021 11:22:13 PM(UTC)
wmsenna

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1
BAU  
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 10:13:00 AM(UTC)
BAU

United States

+1
Even if its just a script command to send a standard VISCA recall Preset with index to the PTZ.
To make it more universal, could even let the user use a script command and fill in the Hex code to send.