logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vuurmannetje  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:42:58 PM(UTC)
Vuurmannetje

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I tried to get it installed, but while I get different UI versions, the option is not showing for me, dispite following instructions. So the Skype insider program is a bit wonky in and off itself.

In terms of NDI per caller, its the same with any NDI source. Basically, NDI re-connects to a unique name. So if skype (or Vmix) makes an output with a different name, it will show up as a unique source. The quickfix for this is making several NDI inputs, and using right mouse button menu on the input to select the correct NDI source when caller changes.
w14  
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 10:06:45 AM(UTC)
w14

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Looking around the Skype forums, it seems NDI is available to some and not to others, and it may work one day and not the next "as features are added, tested and removed". Having said that, if we are to have any chance of it working at all, about all the comments from Skype staff say we have to download the insiders version.

In my case, the insiders version on my Macbook Pro has NDI, the version on my Windows Skype PC's don't - possibly because neither is Windows 10, but I haven't seen anything from Skype to confirm that.

When I switch on NDI in Skype on my Mac, I see the following in VMix:

Screenshot 1 - the NDI Input Select dialogue shows the correct video from the Skype NDI source
Screenshot 2 - Shows what the final VMix Input displays: nothing at all.

(The reason Skype is showing a VMix multiscreen is just because of the way I have the Skype call set up - the Skype PC in the studio which doesn't have NDI at the moment is calling the Mac which does, the reverse of what normally happens. Hope that makes sense.)

So there seems to be an issue with VMix and Skype with NDI. Just to confirm it is VMix that seems to have a problem:

Screenshot 3 - Shows that Wirecast seems to be capturing the NDI stream correctly.

ThomasK  
#23 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2018 7:43:30 AM(UTC)
ThomasK

Man
Austria

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Just downloaded the latest official release 8.29.0.50 of Skype and NDI-support is available.
Seems that it went out of the preview?

Thomas
ThomasK  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:02:19 PM(UTC)
ThomasK

Man
Austria

Yep, its out of preview and public available.

The only odd (or planned) feature we recognized: NDI audio of each participant is always the full audio of the conference, not only that single person.

Not sure if that is by design or a bug?

Thomas
ThomasK  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 2:44:14 AM(UTC)
ThomasK

Man
Austria

Microsoft confirmed that the NDI audio stream from each user is always the party audio stream.

stevemol  
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 4:25:11 AM(UTC)
stevemol

Unfortunately, Microsoft removed support for virtual cameras from Skype. So, it no longer sees vMix output as a viable camera input.

Then I found this feature, which mentions using NewTek's virtual input (from the tool box), which apparently worked in Skype 8.29, but it doesn't work now, at least for me. The ONLY video inputs I see in the Skype menu are my hardware cameras, which, of course, is not acceptable.

Is anyone able to send a produced video output to Skype as an input at this point?
IceStream  
#27 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 6:41:44 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ stevemol

Skype for Windows supports NDI and Newtek NDI Tools, which each need to be downloaded from their respective websites.
Follow the instructions in this guide:
https://www.vmix.com/kno...h-return-video-and-audio

Ice