logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rnhturner  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2018 1:54:30 PM(UTC)
rnhturner

Groups: Registered

I am demoing the scoreboardocr that can be found on this forum. It is awesome, BUT I am running into a problem that the scoreboardOCR doesn't address as it is a graphics issue.

How can I change a xaml object (or whatever it is called) to display altered text based on the numerical value given?

Example:
I have a scoreboard xaml that displays the period or quarter but it only reads numerical values. So if the data reads a "1" it displays only "1".

I want it to interpret the "1" and display it as "1st".
2 would be "2nd"
3 would be "3rd"
all other numbers would display with "th" appended to end. (4th, 4th, 6th)

I am not a developer/progeammer, but I can follow detailed instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:04:17 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
You have 4 options:

- forget about it, it's free and easy and it only takes a little thinking to overcome this issue you can't handle
- learn how to code XAML
- ask a quote to a XAML developer who can do it for you
- think a little and ask yourself if you really need such an option to be dynamically driven/coded or if you can't just simply manage this relatively static information manually. Is it really a big deal to change manually the period number 3 or 4 times per game?

Guillaume

rnhturner  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2018 8:13:39 PM(UTC)
rnhturner

DWAM wrote:
You have 4 options:

- forget about it, it's free and easy and it only takes a little thinking to overcome this issue you can't handle
- learn how to code XAML
- ask a quote to a XAML developer who can do it for you
- think a little and ask yourself if you really need such an option to be dynamically driven/coded or if you can't just simply manage this relatively static information manually. Is it really a big deal to change manually the period number 3 or 4 times per game?

Guillaume

I am asking for a quote, but I would like to learn how to do it for myself next time as well. It is hard to update during a football game as we have a lot going on. I keep forgetting to change them. When dealing with American football you have downs which change every play.
ask  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 1:37:30 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Setup 4 keyboard shortcuts using set text = Period 1, Period 2 etc.

Do a search on this forum for "set text shortcut", read the help files and check out the tutorial videos. There are lots of tips on how to achieve this at no cost
Siroki  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 2:55:06 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
ask wrote:

Do a search on this forum for "set text shortcut", read the help files and check out the tutorial videos. There are lots of tips on how to achieve this at no cost

I just wanted to say the same
Or just make graphics to have title PERIOD and/or just leave numbers for period 1 2 3 4
it doesnt need to be 1st 2nd etc
Everyone knows what that is for

But if its neccessary shortcut is the best option
rnhturner  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 3:48:59 AM(UTC)
rnhturner

Siroki wrote:
ask wrote:

I just wanted to say the same
Or just make graphics to have title PERIOD and/or just leave numbers for period 1 2 3 4
it doesnt need to be 1st 2nd etc
Everyone knows what that is for

But if its neccessary shortcut is the best option

I truly am appreciative of the responses, but I really need to find a way to automate it for various reasons. I am currently using utc controller to do all that is stated above, but calling a game and dealing with 1st, 2nd,3rd, and 4th down is hard to keep up with. I am trying to make my production mimic ESPN or Fox and they both show st, nd, rd, th.

Again, I know of some hacks to use, but I really want to automate this piece as it really is the last piece of the scoreboard puzzle for me.

I am willing to pay (small amount) for a custom solution or even better to be taught how to do it myself. I have run out of google phrases to learn how to do this on my own. I know it can be done, as I have seen it action, but that person was not in a position to help me figure it out.
doggy  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 4:23:26 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
it's possible to automate a lot within your title display based on data by adding extra codebehind to your xaml title using Datacontextchanged or InotifyPropertychanged routines.
add .net , wpf or xaml to your search terms
ZachSchuster  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 11:35:25 AM(UTC)
ZachSchuster

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
SuiteCG MultiSport Scoreboard is now released. I'll be posting a thread about it soon. It does not have external data automation at this time, but we designed to be able to add external data for this very task. I don't think it will be exactly what you need at the moment, but in time it will. Download it to check it out and see what you think. https://suitecg.com/multisport-scoreboard/

We also have plans for easier clock operations with XKeys and the like. We have a lot of great directions to go with this, so keep an eye on it as the product develops further.
rnhturner  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 4:00:18 PM(UTC)
rnhturner

ZachSchuster wrote:
SuiteCG MultiSport Scoreboard is now released. I'll be posting a thread about it soon. It does not have external data automation at this time, but we designed to be able to add external data for this very task. I don't think it will be exactly what you need at the moment, but in time it will. Download it to check it out and see what you think. https://suitecg.com/multisport-scoreboard/

We also have plans for easier clock operations with XKeys and the like. We have a lot of great directions to go with this, so keep an eye on it as the product develops further.

Can it read an .xml file? ScoreboardOCR produces this type of file. If so can it turn a 3 into 3 timeouts left that look like yellow dashes?
ZachSchuster  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 4:10:46 PM(UTC)
ZachSchuster

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
rnhturner wrote:
ZachSchuster wrote:

Can it read an .xml file? ScoreboardOCR produces this type of file. If so can it turn a 3 into 3 timeouts left that look like yellow dashes?

It WILL be able to in the future when we add support for external data sources, simple XML files included. We're just not there yet. Instead of dashes you could provide two images, one for a "timeout remains" and a "timeout taken" so you can make the indicator look however you want it to. I'd encourage you to check the program out to see the manual controls. We have a few more manual features to work in before we move on to data automation.