logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ask  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 2:22:05 AM(UTC)
ask

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Hi all. Is there Shortcut to advance Powerpoint slides on the vMix computer? Yes I could use a 2nd computer and bring it in over the network, but for a task I have in Feb. this is not a preferred option. I am also hopeful of being able to use a Powerpoint Presenter as the controller for it. I think they send PgUp and PgDn commands.
HWL1223  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 6:22:15 PM(UTC)
HWL1223

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
ask wrote:
Is there Shortcut to advance Powerpoint slides on the vMix computer? ... I am also hopeful of being able to use a Powerpoint Presenter as the controller for it. I think they send PgUp and PgDn commands.

I agree - perhaps dedicated/programmed Shortcut keys can be used too?

Thanks
Bardos59  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 7:36:14 PM(UTC)

Groups:

ask wrote:
Hi all. Is there Shortcut to advance Powerpoint slides on the vMix computer? Yes I could use a 2nd computer and bring it in over the network, but for a task I have in Feb. this is not a preferred option. I am also hopeful of being able to use a Powerpoint Presenter as the controller for it. I think they send PgUp and PgDn commands.

I do not have a powerpoint presentation on my PC at the moment, but try this:..
Go to Settings> Shortcuts> Add.....Search for a key, I think I used the Up arrow...(UP) in the list), to advance, and in Function, I selected Next Item, I set a duration, and I changed Preview to Active, that is for Output, so that the item would change while it is live, (or leave it at Preview, to select while not on Program) or you can set which Input is the Powerpoint ....I am not sure how I did it as that was some time ago, but you can try this to see if it works....to move backwards, you will have to select another Key and choose Previous Item

Let me know how it worked out...
ask  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:19:09 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Thanks for the tip. Will try later today.
rowby  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2018 12:19:48 AM(UTC)
rowby

Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hello Everyone,

I know this is a reply to an "old" post, but Bardos59's solution works. I just tried it.

A couple of notes.

In my case I did not change "Preview" to "Active". I selected the PowerPoint Input. I didn't see a "duration" option for this item, so I did not do that.

And did basically the same as Bardos59 said to move backwards -- again, selecting the PowerPoint input instead of Preview or Active, and without a duration.

I don't think, in this instance, duration is needed, since it works fine without it. But if someone else sees a way to add "duration" and explains a reason for it, then go ahead and update this.

Best,
Rowby