logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thecloudmediagroup  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2017 8:55:21 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
In the quest to improve our own workflow and quality of our church's livestream, we have developed a program that is tentatively called "ProPresenter2vMix".

What ProPresenter2vMix does is query ProPresenter for it's "Stage Display" data. This can include current slide, next slide, countdown timers text and more. The data is received via XML from ProPresenter. The XML is saved on the vMix machine and then imported as a Data Source within vMix. From here, custom titles and text overlays can be generated at high quality.

By importing this data, it removes the need for the capture of the DualHead2Go or TripleHead2Go feed and the subsequent chroma or luma key. The quality of the overlay text is perfectly overlaid with no aliasing due to keying.

This program runs on the vMix machine. The ProPresenter machine must be on the same network/subnet as the vMix Machine.

Instructions for use:

1. In ProPresenter 5 or 6, open the preferences window and navigate to the "Network" tab. From here, click the tic box that enables the "Stage Display" Choose a password and a port
2. Run the ProPresenter2vMix.exe file
3. Enter the IP address of the ProPresenter Machine as well as the port and password listed in the preferences of ProPresenter.
4. The program should then start showing XML data in the window, indicating the data is being downloaded.
5. Open Data Sources in vMix and add the XML file that the program created. It will be in the same folder that the program was run from. For instance if you run the program from the desktop, there should be an XML document named "ProPresenter.xml" on your desktop.
6. Under the XPath option, type in //Field[@identifier='CurrentSlide'] This will bring in the data that is on the current slide.
7. Create a new title input
8. Open the title editor and click on Data Sources.
9. Select the XML document from the dropdown and select the #text column. This will populate your title with the text that is on your current slide. If there is a line break on your ProPresenter side, this line break will reflect on your title as well.

In Data Sources, you may need to change the "Update Data Every" field to 250ms or lower to achieve the shortest delay.

This app is in Alpha stages, so please report any issues on this forum.

Download Link:
ProPresenter2vMix.exe

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked thecloudmediagroup for this useful post.
PFBM on 11/25/2017(UTC), vijay6672 on 11/25/2017(UTC), computerman1597 on 11/26/2017(UTC), KeithM on 2/27/2018(UTC), erik harding on 8/24/2018(UTC)
NHT  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 26, 2017 6:12:46 AM(UTC)
NHT

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 31 post(s)
This sound really interesting but I don't fully understand what part of your workflow ProPresenter's being used for?

Please tell us more, I'm intrigued!
computerman1597  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 26, 2017 6:13:13 PM(UTC)
computerman1597

This is great!! I could see this being really useful for stuff I do.

One quick question, is there a way to clear the text when there is no text on the output of ProPresenter? Right now, if I hit clear slides or go to a blank slide, the text from whatever the last slide I was on stays present in vMix.
thecloudmediagroup  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 2:02:09 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

computerman1597 wrote:
This is great!! I could see this being really useful for stuff I do.

One quick question, is there a way to clear the text when there is no text on the output of ProPresenter? Right now, if I hit clear slides or go to a blank slide, the text from whatever the last slide I was on stays present in vMix.

Glad this works for you!

That is a great question. I will need to look into that. I'm not sure if that is something that would need to change on my end or on vMix's end.

Other than that is everything working well? Any issues?

-Seth
thecloudmediagroup  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 2:03:33 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

NHT wrote:
This sound really interesting but I don't fully understand what part of your workflow ProPresenter's being used for?

Please tell us more, I'm intrigued!

ProPresenter is a program that displays lyrics and scripture and video elements on the projection systems for churches. This program allows you to capture the text over the network and populate them on a vMix title. For example, you could overlay the lyrics of a worship song on the live stream of video or display a scripture verse on the video!
natep  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 9:47:28 PM(UTC)
natep

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just tested it out...works great! Can't wait to see where this goes.
cgarwood  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 2:59:27 PM(UTC)
cgarwood

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
A while back I wrote a similar application that runs in a web browser, though it uses the vMix API to update a specific input in vMix as opposed to the data source method in thecloudmediagroup's implementation.

Code is available at https://github.com/cgarwood/propresenter-vmix if anyone is interested
KeithM  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:02:17 PM(UTC)
KeithM

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've tested the app and it seems to work well. Is it possible to read from a config file rather than respond to prompts for address etc. each time it is run?

Keith
thanks 1 user thanked KeithM for this useful post.
erik harding on 8/24/2018(UTC)
r5dad  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 9:39:09 PM(UTC)
r5dad

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
We gave this a shot tonight, and out of the box it was the easiest and fastest solution. As the post just before me said, would be nice if we could pass the variables via a config file, or via the command line so we could create a batch file.

But unfortunately, after approximately 5 minutes of awesomeness, it started crashing the entire mac running pro-presenter! When we stopped the app, the crashing stopped. It also started beeping as if a keyboard key was stuck down.

Sad because we can't get either of the other solutions to work either. But I'll go post on their thread.

I really like this solution the best because it simply worked! until it didn't.

Any thoughts? Have you seen this before? anything we can send you to assist with potentially fixing the issue?

Thanks
Jon
thecloudmediagroup  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 9:41:53 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

r5dad wrote:
We gave this a shot tonight, and out of the box it was the easiest and fastest solution. As the post just before me said, would be nice if we could pass the variables via a config file, or via the command line so we could create a batch file.

But unfortunately, after approximately 5 minutes of awesomeness, it started crashing the entire mac running pro-presenter! When we stopped the app, the crashing stopped. It also started beeping as if a keyboard key was stuck down.

Sad because we can't get either of the other solutions to work either. But I'll go post on their thread.

I really like this solution the best because it simply worked! until it didn't.

Any thoughts? Have you seen this before? anything we can send you to assist with potentially fixing the issue?

Thanks
Jon

We have seen this before :( is it pro presenter 6? And is it on Mac? There is an issue with the Mac version crashing and
I’m pretty sure it is on propresenters side.
r5dad  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 10:24:50 PM(UTC)
r5dad

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I hope I didn't come across as blaming you or the app. I believe they've had other issues with this older system as well, so the polling interval may be the straw, sort of speak.

So is this app just not compatible with pro version 6? That's the latest version they have.

What is the preferred configuration?

Thanks for the quick response!
Jon
thecloudmediagroup  
#12 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2018 10:30:09 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

r5dad wrote:
I hope I didn't come across as blaming you or the app. I believe they've had other issues with this older system as well, so the polling interval may be the straw, sort of speak.

So is this app just not compatible with pro version 6? That's the latest version they have.

What is the preferred configuration?

Thanks for the quick response!
Jon

No not at all! I think it works for version 6 on PC but it seems Mac gives issue. Let me try a few things to see if it remedies it :)
GaryK  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 12:01:52 PM(UTC)
GaryK

Our IT guy does not want to try an Alpha version. Any idea when a Beta version will be ready?
erik harding  
#14 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 12:48:29 PM(UTC)
erik harding

Thank you for writing this! It is just what I have been looking for.

Are you planning to update it at all? Beta?
PFBM  
#15 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 4:33:11 PM(UTC)
PFBM

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
https://github.com/Tiagogv/ProPresenterVmixBridge

another option from a friend of mine.

Cheers,

PFBM
limonoah  
#16 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 5:37:49 AM(UTC)
limonoah

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks much for this! It would be nice to modify the update frequency though.
logmedia  
#17 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 1:43:22 PM(UTC)
logmedia

United States

Hi, I'm a newbie at this and just started using vMix. Saw this thread and was excited to try this out. However, we are running into the following problem:

• We went ahead and downloaded the app and started it and did see the creation of the xml file in the window.

• Next, we went to create the input in vMix and when we went into Data Source and clicked on "Manage" sources we got the following : ERROR: Root element is missing

• After that we could not get the functionality to work properly.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks,

-Mike
jeremiah247@gmail.com  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 7:51:39 PM(UTC)
jeremiah247@gmail.com

United States

Was there ever a beta of this? I followed the steps, but it is not working for some reason. I saw your video on Youtube and it has been really helpful. Thank you
logmedia  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 10:05:07 PM(UTC)
logmedia

United States

@jeremiah247 - we never heard about our question although we did get it working and used it for few weeks. However, Propresenter 7 was released and with it's new capabilities we were able to integrate directly with vMix using the "Looks" feature. My recommendation is to upgrade to PP7 and by pass the third party tools.
codylpatterson  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 3:56:33 AM(UTC)
codylpatterson

United States

I just came across this post. Pro Presenter 7 is now out and has NDI functionality directly into vMix. We use this all the time for showing lower thirds of song lyrics and scriptures.