logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AndrewRed  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 6:16:10 PM(UTC)
AndrewRed

Groups: Registered

Hello,

This would be huge and fast to implement and would make titles in vMix finally animateable.

I'm beginning to make animated and dynamic titles in Vmix for our live shows. It would be great to have a trigger that when the text of a title is changed I can then trigger animation scripts and so on, so that it brings attention to that headline or other text that was changed.

For example, a headline changes and a glow animation is triggered across it as the new title text appears. Or a script is triggered that animates the title off screen or behind a luma key mask and then animates out the new headline. I can take care of all the animation. Just trying to get something that will allow me to capture when a title's text is changed/updated to trigger events to happen accordingly.

Another example: My coworker is beside me changing title headlines and such on a separate computer via the web interface. Every time the title is updated or set to a different preset text, I'd like to have vmix have a trigger that would allow animations and other things to happen as a result.

As a pass along, titles can be animated in all sorts of great ways using VB scripting with sin wave functions to give nice ease in and ease out. Masking can be done via the luma key with black and white movies made in AE. We just need now to be able to capture when that text gets updated to trigger it all to happen.

THANKS!!!!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 8:56:06 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Quote:
As a pass along, titles can be animated in all sorts of great ways using VB scripting........ We just need now to be able to capture when that text gets updated to trigger it all to happen.

Have you checked for "datachanged" property in your coding ?

doggy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 2:05:47 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Also have you tried a search in this forum like with animated, data, titles etc ?

Quote:
This would be huge and fast to implement and would make titles in vMix finally animateable.

Really ? sounds great ! (TIC)
AndrewRed  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:50:32 PM(UTC)
AndrewRed

Thanks @doggy

I'll look into "datachanged" as a property. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to have a listener trigger whenever text is changed but I'm going to try. I'm close.

About your second comment, I'm thinking it would would be fast to implement because there must be data being sent as soon as one "updates" their text in a Vmix title via the web controller. So I would think adding an additional trigger that listened for when that "update" text is pressed would not be a huge or long overhaul. I could be wrong. But I think no.

If that can be a trigger point that listens for a change, then it could cue dynamically when text should animate in and out.

The animation part is actually already working quiet well using VB and sin equations.

If I can solve it with your first suggestion I'll let everyone know. It'd be a really great thing to solve. If not, I'll keep trying to figure out a way or hopefully the guys at Vmix can add a trigger to help out.

We'll see.

Thanks for the advice, if you think of anything else, don't hesitate,
doggy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 2:43:56 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

I think you are looking at it from the wrong direction

it's not up to vMix to decide based on a datachange to do an animation in a title as for one most titles have more than one updatable item in it so when and what to to animate then etc ?

you need to look into code into the title itself to respond to what you want it to do
There have been pleny of post in this regard in this forum about such things , even responding to color changes etc (There is a search link on the top of this page). some can be coded in the xaml itself , some need more code-behind

Here is a example of animations when data changes in a certain element and even when there is a change in another element (lower rigth)

The Yellow part disappears when its content is lower than the timer or when any of the points are more than 5 , the grey appears when it gets a value

quinte  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7:58:11 AM(UTC)
quinte

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1
For me a datachange trigger makes absolutely sense.

If I am not mistaken the datachange trigger mentioned by doggy does work only inside of the xaml file.

With a datachange trigger you are more flexibel on a higher level controlling vMix.

Also if you have more than one updatable items for me its not a problem to control when the trigger is fire. Just populate all items before the the item will populate which fired the trigger.

Alex