logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spencerm24  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 6:00:06 PM(UTC)
spencerm24

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I am using a data source generator, that outputs a CSV for a race, as the drivers complete each lap, problem is we run many many races throughout the day and say race 1 has 20 cars, I get 20 rows on the CSV, but when we switch to a race with say 15 cars next, only 15 rows show up on the CSV, as a result, my graphic has positions 16-20 from the last race. Short of manually going in and editing the title each time (the downtime provided between these events is nil, so going in to modify that many titles would not be possible) Is there any way I can tell vMix that if it doesn't have a value, to leave it blank?

I noticed that when the row "dissappears" in this example, vmix goes to "auto" for the column select, and that auto isn't working as I want it to.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 8:53:11 PM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
- have a dummy file with all 20 rows set with blank data to clear your title as it were

its not that the auto isnt working, just that there is no data to change to so it doesnt

or if it is that frequent invest in adding some coding to the title itself doing some checking

tip: let the textboxes have the same name as the collumn names to make the auto always work
Quote:
Column: Select the column to use for this particular Title Field, if you leave this set to Auto, the data source will map based on the following:
a) Will first look for the first column with the same name as the Title field, for example "Headline"